U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 PM

3 posts, read 5,292 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am a single/young professional moving to ATL for 6-9 months for work. after much research i like the Midtown area.

My work is in Peachtree city. I know that is 30 miles or so away. How is the traffic in that direction?

I am from Los Angeles/New York... i don't think the Peachtree city would be a good fit for me...

As long as the drive is under 1 hour i will not mind the drive.

Any advice? Any estimates on how long it would take to get there?
I would assume i am i going against traffic?

Help plz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 08:17 PM

1,320 posts, read 3,881,566 times
Yikes! I don't envy you that drive, although you're probably right about Midtown being a better fit than Peachtree City. I'm not sure how much reverse commute you'll benefit from as long as you're still inside the perimeter. Once you get outside I-285 the traffic should move along, I would think. It'll be interesting to see if you can find anyone who actually makes that commute and has first-hand experience.

Good luck!

Old 01-18-2010, 08:19 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,836,468 times
I agree, you might find Peachtree City a little boring. Midtown is on the north side of downtown, so you will be with traffic for a few miles before you will be going against traffic. Since the traffic areas will be at the start of your commute you probably won't have it that bad.

I don't think that you will hit that much traffic is you plan to get to work by 8. If you don't get to work until 8:30 or 9:00 you will hit much more traffic.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:30 PM

97 posts, read 319,499 times
Haha...... so you are refusing to live in Peachtree City?

Actually is not a crazy idea. Prolly no farther than Midtown to Roswell/Alpharetta and definately going against the commute. Prolly easy to jump on 85 but some of those smaller roads in Peachtree City may have lights. Not sure about the P'Tree city part.

Hey if you are gonna be here for 6-9 months, might as well live in the city.

GL

Old 01-19-2010, 08:40 PM

14,413 posts, read 23,108,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK24 View Post
Hi
I am a single/young professional moving to ATL for 6-9 months for work. after much research i like the Midtown area.

My work is in Peachtree city. I know that is 30 miles or so away. How is the traffic in that direction?

I am from Los Angeles/New York... i don't think the Peachtree city would be a good fit for me...

As long as the drive is under 1 hour i will not mind the drive.

Any advice? Any estimates on how long it would take to get there?
I would assume i am i going against traffic?

Help plz
Hello and Welcome!

Midtown is very nice, but based on where you will be working and your other criteria, I think you should definitely consider these areas:

1. Historic Downtown College Park
2. Historic Downtown East Point
3. City of Hapeville

(all areas are closer to Peachtree City, they are south of Downtown near the airport, they would give you a much better/easier commute to Peachtree City, and they all have a nice, in-town, Southern-urban vibe. Closer to Peachtree City without sacrificing the lifestyle you desire.)

All three areas offer cute/nice main streets, thriving/vibrant/improving downtown and historic districts, and quality housing.

*Note: For College Park and East Point I said "Historic Downtown" for a reason. Though other parts of both cities are very nice, many areas are still hit and miss. It's important for you to know this. If you someone will be assisting you, don't just say interested in "College Park" or "East Point"...you have to be specific to which parts (historic downtown!). For Hapeville, all of the city will suffice.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta