U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 AM

28 posts, read 98,745 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting in a month or so and want to find some good Iranian food.

I have been searching the review sites and haven't found one in particular that stands out.

The ones I see are:

1. Darvish Tea House --- Darvish Persian Tea House, steak house, Featuring Atlanta's top belly dancers, Restaurant, Hookah Lounge and Bar - Roswell, Georgia
only 3.5/5 stars on citysearch

2. Persepolis --- Home (http://www.persepoliscuisine.com/index.html - broken link)
only 3.5/5 stars on citysearch, many people noted how rude and terrible the service was

3. Mirage --- Mirage Restaurant
4/5 stars on citysearch

4. Rumi's Kitchen --- Rumi's Kitchen - Atlanta Persian Restaurants - Sandy Springs Persian Restaurant
4/5 stars on citysearch, and a bit pricey

any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 11:26 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,910,124 times
I am not Persian but I have friends who are and they took us out to Persepolis, which I guess means they think highly of it. I can say from a purely outside view, I thought it was really, really good.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:13 PM

632 posts, read 1,627,239 times
I have been to Persepolis, Mirage, Fanoos and Shish Kabob. The first three are in the Sandy Springs area (Roswell Rd). The latter is in Cobb county. If you want a large venue, go with Fanoos. If you want a smaller more elegant venue, go with Persepolis or Mirage. I found the bread to be better at Persepolis. The other items were probably comparable at the three in Sandy Springs. If you are looking for a buffet, then I can't really advise with regards to the first three. I have only been to Shish Kabob for a buffet and liked it, but they do not always have a buffet scheduled. You must call in advance.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:07 PM

188 posts, read 532,687 times
My Iranian friend says her favorite is Rumi's.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:05 AM

3,113 posts, read 6,684,802 times
Persepolis is wonderful. I have not been to the others, but I drive past Rumi's almost daily and there is ALWAYS a full to over-flowing parking lot!

Old 08-14-2011, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,518 times
Try Fanoos persian restaurant, one of the best persian food I have tried so far. You can aslo save $15 in your wallet by buying 50% off Deal from quarteroff.com. Good luck.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:42 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,261,903 times
Rumi's would be a great choice. It is located in Sandy Springs as well off of Roswell Road.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:27 AM

504 posts, read 1,367,042 times
Yeah, Rumi's is awesome. I'll agree that they were VERY busy when we went, but that was on a Friday night. It might be better to go on an off time. There is a parking lot of an empty business within walking distance (at least when we went a few months ago). We just parked there instead of doing the Valet parking at Rumi's. I haven't been to any of the other places, so I can't really compare them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta