Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:23 PM

40 posts, read 113,863 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

We're thinking of moving to Triple Crown in Milton and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the area. Does anyone know if they have a tennis pro offering lessons for children and adults? Also, do they offer swim lessons and have a swim team? Thanks in advance for your responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 11:51 AM

210 posts, read 748,752 times
I found this on a website. I do not know if it is accurate, but you could try this number and see what you can find out.

"The Home Owners Association for Triple Crown is active and the fees are $1300/year. For specific questions about the associatioin you can contact the management company at (678) 551-7551"

Old 01-22-2010, 01:12 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
The only thing I know for sure- the intersection at Providence/New Providence and 372 is a bad intersection. There have been an untold number of wrecks there- some pretty bad (as far as I know, there is still no light there).
As far as the subdivision itself- it was a builder group project (several different builders building on lots they aquire through a lottery process).
A lot of those builders built in several of the other subdivisions in the Crabapple/ Milton area. From what I recall when it was being built, the lots were rather large, probably on septic not sewer. Seems the houses were rather large also- avg. probably around 4500sq/ft.? I think some of the topo there was pretty severe- it's been awhile since I've been over that way.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:56 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
There is a blinking light at the corner of New Providence/Providence and 372 (Birmingham Hwy). The intersection is really more dangerous crossing over 372, because of the rise in the road on Birmingham, it can be tough to see if something is coming. However, I use it every day, and have only seen an accident once (although I know of others). The key is to obey the speed limit and not race through the intersection. It is a county road, so the process of adding a traffic light is taking forever.

Yes, the houses are large, they are septic as is virtually all of Milton, which is why the lots are 1 acre minimum.

The likelihood of them having a swim team or offer lessons isn't great. I have only heard of that where the community includes a country club, such as White Columns. Worth a call though...

Old 01-22-2010, 10:38 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll be pretty bummed if they don't offer lessons...I'll give them a call in the morning.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:58 PM

Let us know what you find out...

Old 01-24-2010, 08:08 PM

They do have swim and tennis lessons and teams. Can anyone recommend any other places we should be looking into for a family relocating from another state? Swim and tennis would be great or any recommendations on any swim and tennis clubs we could join. Our budget is up to $900k. Thanks!

Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 AM

Personally, I think Milton is beautiful.

All the brown fences with so many horses, it's unlike anywhere else I've driven through in the Atlanta area.

Milton is close to so many conveniences, ie. Windward, Super Target, etc. Schools are great, North Park is a beautiful park.

I think you'd be happy in any of the communities within Milton. It's neat to drive and feel removed from the bustle of traffic, but be near so many conveniences at the same time.

Triple Crown is attractive. Sidewalks, swim, tennis, although $1300 did sound steep when I looked it up -- but unfortunately that's hoa's in a lot of places. If you can look for a house closer to the amenities in Triple Crown that would be a plus too, as that community seems to keep going back and back, away from the amenities.

With your price range, I, personally, would lean towards a golf community. Something about a golf community usually holds it's value.

One doesn't have to play golf to live in a golf community and what's neat about golf communities is that they are geared towards all ages, so when you are done raising the little ones, your community still can have stuff for you to partake in.

On the flip, you don't have to necessarily spend all your budget on house. For example, maybe look into a house that needs some fixing up (not tons of fixing up -- too much energy, unless you like projects like this), and put in your own personal tastes. Find the prettiest kitchen or master bath from a magazine, and put it in your fixer upper. With your budget, you have many possibilities.

Same with a pool, an acre is some good land for a pool, and Milton offers lots of 1 acre lots. Milton has held it's prices pretty well it appears, so I wouldn't be afraid to spend less and make it my dream home.

Yet, if I was to be working with a budget like you say, I'd also want good
schools if I had kids -- and for resale that is always a plus. That would lean me towards an end result of Milton High School. I would not take my chances in buying into a community that did not have Northwestern as it's middle right now - because I wouldn't know which community would be redistricted into the new high school going in on Bethany.

I would assume Triple Crown will remain at Milton High School as it has Northwestern as it's middle.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:38 PM

Thanks for all of the useful information. Do you think the new high school will be less desirable than Milton?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:34 PM

Yes, my personal opinion would be that the new high school will be less desirable than Milton High School.

Milton High School has been the high school in the area for generations. This campus may be new -- but Milton high school goes way back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta