Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,271 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I've lived in the burbs of Atlanta for (on and off) the last 8 years, mainly Alpharetta, Roswell, & Marietta.

I work full time in Alpharetta but work an "off rush hour" shift (10a - 7p). I'm not educated enough about the districts in town to find the house in an area I'd like to live. I have a friend in Decatur but when I send him links he says "bad part of town" but really can't put into words where the "good parts of town" are or what makes those parts "bad".

So I'm hoping you guys will be able to steer me in a direction so I can find a house in Feb.

I'm looking to rent, not buy, not married, no kids, one giant dog, and would like to stay north of 20, in between 400 & 85 - sort of the north east part of the city - it seems (at least from looking at a map) it would be the easiest for me to find ways to and from work, get to the airport (I travel frequently), and seems to have some parks to go hang out at on the weekends.

Required info below:

1. Budget=$1200/mo
2. House/Condo/Townhome=house
3. Employment Status=FT, Alpharetta
4. Children=no children and single
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle=a mix of both
6. Easy access to public transit=not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood=not really important, pet friendly, and preferably back yards with trees

I'm 30, but I might as well be 75 when it comes to where I like to live - quiet, shady, and a place to throw a ball for my pooch

Thanks,
-Keith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 07:54 AM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
I would suggest Brookhaven, North Buckhead, and Midtown for starters. You'll probably have an easier time finding a condo to rent for about what you are looking to spend or cheaper. Look on craigslist, there's always something posted there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta