U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 01:52 AM

631 posts, read 1,097,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I would have liked to see NSU or BCU rather than Fam (talk about overrated! ). Sadly, I won't be able to make it this year. I'm boycotting honda until the 'House makes it in again.

FAMU used to be really good they made a great name for themselves. But I like BCC aka BCU TSU JSU and Souther.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 07:10 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,564,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
atlantafinest, don't try and use yo alumni status for why you're still on campus these days....Suuuree...support lol...You're just like everyone else..checking out the sistas lol

I"m sure your evening strolls bring you to the campus..

I'll be there tomorrow for my first Battle of the Bands...it should be interesting.

I noticed yesterday after I left school that the shopping center looks pretty much abandoned since Publix has left. *smh*
Actually not my friend I use to totally despise when older dudes used to slither their way up to campus just to "holla" at females. The only time I hit campus now Is to go jogging in the evenings at the CAU Track since I live basically across the street and for events that my undergraduate fraternity chapter hosts occasionally as an advisor and attend alumni evenys. Alumni should be encouraged to check out games (more revenue for the school) and always be involved to support and donate to their respective alma maters which I do. When you graduate you should do the same If you can. When we (HBCU alums) graduate from our alma maters we have the lowest alumni giving rate and involvement rate when you tune in too Duke vs Carolina tons of alumni attend those games CAU vs Morehouse can be the same thing here in Atlanta IMO.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:17 PM

4,457 posts, read 6,278,895 times
Lol. They're always up by the suites now. Old dudes just posted up outside in their whips.

Oh, I agree with yo last points. I know that true but most of us come out of school with boatload of debt that prevents us from giving back. Not an excuse though.

Today was/is still great. It's crazy down here. Having fun with everyone. 1st event been able to attend with school and work.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:21 PM

48 posts, read 131,422 times
I actually just get back home and I had a great time. I'm glad I took MARTA, the place was packed and I was not expecting that many people. The Dome was almost full! All the bands were good, but some definitely more impressive then others, especially the last one from Florida. My band had half that many members and I thought that was a good turn out! If I'm still in Atlanta next year, I'll defintely be going back. But I won't be lame and wait until 20 min before the show starts to get my ticket, I'll order online and get a better seat.

So far, this is the only "local" type event that I've really enjoyed. The Peach Drop? Lame! Centennial Park? Overrated! World of Coke? Cool, but not worth the price! I still haven't made it to the Aquarium yet because of the cost!

Old 01-31-2010, 01:58 AM

631 posts, read 1,097,962 times
Yeah I went today also Southern University was best Then Famu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta