Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 25,350 times

Advertisements

My husband and I were thinking of moving to Tributary in Douglasville. We have visited the neighborhood many times and really like it. I have not seen any recent posts on here about Tributary and was wondering if current residents still enjoy living there and if any progress has been made with Outdoor Adventure Center, shopping, new construction, etc.? We are also concerned about the schools. We have a toddler now and she will not be starting school for about 3 years. Do any current residents have children going to New Manchester Elementary and how do you like the school??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
I didn't look that close but-
There's more than one full page of different threads that mention Tributary.
Use the "search this forum" box at the top of this forum-

Old 01-28-2010, 01:55 PM

2 posts, read 25,350 times
many of the other postings about Tributary are from 2007-2008. I was looking for some current opinions about this place. thanks though!

Old 01-30-2010, 10:33 AM

201 posts, read 1,070,410 times
We have friends who have lived in Tributary for the last couple of years and we are over there quite a bit. I would recommend not buying a home there. Most, if not all, the builders have gone under. Several homes have gone into foreclosure. The school system is not highly regarded and many of the families send their children to private school (my friend will not send her child to New Manchester). Several of the homes were poorly built (as in the case with my friends' home - not sure which builder built it) and are having problems.

None of the plans for the Outdoor Adventure Center, retail, etc. have come to fruition as the builders have all but abandoned the area.

With that said, my friends enjoy yhe development as there seems to be quite a bit of activities sponsored by the HOA. However, they were surprised with the "your home is my home" mentality of many of its residents (meaning, people just walk in your door anytime). This may not be the case for all of Tributary but it is for their particular area.

I'd look elsewhere if home value, schools and some personal privacy is important to you.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 12,448 times
Default Tributary Review

I have to put out this fire before it's out of control. Despite what an earlier post said, Tributary is AMAZING!

Every house in Tributary is solid, they are all Earthcraft Certified.

The green space in and around Tributary is incredible, the whole thing backs up to a state park.

If you want to be a hobbit in Tributary, you can do it but I would advise solitary, fun-hating, lone wolf people to stay away. The community is designed to foster interaction and the folks who live there have really taken off with that idea.

The current activities director sucks but people within the community have taken over with an annual field trips to international and national spots, monthly poker tournaments, monthly movies in the park, an annual fall festival an annual spring festival, an annual golf tournament that raises money for school scholarships and too many other events to mention.

Tributary was just named community of the year by the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association and there are still builders who are building, there are two spec homes being started as I write this.

People love to love Tributary and anyone who doesn't probably is not as connected with the community as they could be or was never really meant to live in a fun-loving place like Trib.

I've lived in several different cities and countries and I have never experienced a place like Tributary. It is a shining star in Atlanta's housing market that is filled with so many cookie cutter communities that were built to make money. Tributary's developers are still involved in the community too.

And, amenities... an adjacent state park, countless parks, hiking trails, a full community gym, basketball, bocce, horseshoes, 3 pools, 3 dog parks, 4 tennis courts and HOAS that include your cable, internet and phone service. I may move again but it will be somewhere within tributary.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 10,354 times
I currently live in Tributary and love it. There are a ton of activities for families and kids of all ages. The HOA pays close attention to the environment/landscaping of the community and is effective with enforcing the HOA covenants. Despite what one other writer wrote, the schools are excellent. The Elementary School and High School are brand new. Ashton Kutcher's "Killers" does a great job of capturing the beauty of Tributary since the movie was filmed there.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:08 AM

9 posts, read 22,231 times
Default Tributary Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga1smerr View Post
I currently live in Tributary and love it. There are a ton of activities for families and kids of all ages. The HOA pays close attention to the environment/landscaping of the community and is effective with enforcing the HOA covenants. Despite what one other writer wrote, the schools are excellent. The Elementary School and High School are brand new. Ashton Kutcher's "Killers" does a great job of capturing the beauty of Tributary since the movie was filmed there.
I'm interested in Tributary. My husband and I are in our early fifties. Is the area mostly young or will we fit in?

Old 01-11-2012, 06:53 AM

165 posts, read 483,958 times
Tributary is definitely a nice subdivision with some solidly built homes. If you don't plan on selling your house anytime soon (like 10+ years), then I would say go for it. The reason being is that there are so many empty lots there and surrounding undeveloped areas that will surely startup again once the housing market bounces back which would make it very tough to compete against newer (and probably cheaper priced) homes

Old 01-12-2012, 01:25 PM

6 posts, read 16,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyte3k View Post
Tributary is definitely a nice subdivision with some solidly built homes. If you don't plan on selling your house anytime soon (like 10+ years), then I would say go for it. The reason being is that there are so many empty lots there and surrounding undeveloped areas that will surely startup again once the housing market bounces back which would make it very tough to compete against newer (and probably cheaper priced) homes
Thanks for the info! Do you feel that there is a community feeling about the area? Are most of the residents young families?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta