Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:33 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,310,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
great, more houses in Atlanta... just what we need
I suppose you would rather see the old plant just sit there and rot?

The Falcons aren't leaving Downtown, and the rest of the proposal from Sembler was more of the same crap they've already built all over town.

This firm has a proven track record of building classy, mixed-use New Urbanism developments that people actually embrace.

I'll take it, and I am very happy for the entire Northeast part of town that it's happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 10:09 PM

625 posts, read 1,145,060 times
This is the area with the moreland interchange and all the gridlock right? Umm, I'll pass on that. This area is ugly as hell for one thing, i'd rather let it sit and rot until we can turn this country around and get some REAL business in town not just stupid greedy developers.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
This is the area with the moreland interchange and all the gridlock right? Umm, I'll pass on that. This area is ugly as hell for one thing, i'd rather let it sit and rot until we can turn this country around and get some REAL business in town not just stupid greedy developers.
It doesn't really matter because your scenario isn't happening. It's a done deal.

Perhaps years from now you may come back for a visit. I'm sure you will be impressed by what you see there - or not.

We all know how much you care about the future of our wonderful city.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:49 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,965,442 times
Quote:
No, this is the old GM Plant in Doraville. It's at the intersection of Peachtree Industrial and 285, and bounded by Marta. It's also a really unattractive area, but hopefully, not for too much longer!

Old 01-31-2010, 11:06 AM

625 posts, read 1,145,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
It's also a really unattractive area, but hopefully, not for too much longer!
I'm sure it'll be heavily gated and secured like everything else is in this city. Heaven forbid Atlantans leave their property on foot.

yippidy freakin dooo daaa

Old 01-31-2010, 01:37 PM

969 posts, read 1,953,117 times
Quote:
I'm sure it'll be heavily gated and secured like everything else is in this city. Heaven forbid Atlantans leave their property on foot.

So, when are you moving to the wonderful state of Connecticut??? You know, because it's so walkable there and urban and there are no gated communities/homes.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:

Not that you would care, but if you had taken the time to check out the link instead of spewing your usual bile, you would realize that these developers pride themselves on NOT building gated communities.

Baldwin Park has like 15 different access points that mesh seamlessly with the surrounding neighborhoods.

That doesn't further your agenda, though.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:01 AM

288 posts, read 956,174 times
Off the GM Plant location topic, on Town Brookhaven, isnt it still dragging along slowly? It was suppose to be done like last fall but now they said like another year? Lol, with the economy it may just end up being an apartment community like it is right now. I do like the idea of developing the GM Plant location, although being very industrial-like there its still hard to imagine some big bright place like Atlantic Station being there, but maybe with marta right there it will all tie together nicely. It will be interesting to see what happens. Blondeandfun, your not being very optimistic on the subject, lol, wait u never are haha.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:06 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,237,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highriser987 View Post
I do like the idea of developing the GM Plant location, although being very industrial-like there its still hard to imagine some big bright place like Atlantic Station being there.
Atlantic Station is located on what had been a steel mill. It doesn't get much more industrial than that.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:09 AM

4,688 posts, read 7,994,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highriser987 View Post
Off the GM Plant location topic, on Town Brookhaven, isnt it still dragging along slowly? It was suppose to be done like last fall but now they said like another year? Lol, with the economy it may just end up being an apartment community like it is right now. I do like the idea of developing the GM Plant location, although being very industrial-like there its still hard to imagine some big bright place like Atlantic Station being there, but maybe with marta right there it will all tie together nicely. It will be interesting to see what happens. Blondeandfun, your not being very optimistic on the subject, lol, wait u never are haha.
They are working on the 2nd phase now (Town Brookhaven). Should be completed by December
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta