Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:16 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,244,112 times

Advertisements

We are coming up there either the end of April or the end of May?
Is is HOT the end of May?
What about the end of April? Is April still pants weather, or is it hard to say?
Do you have a rainy month (like we do in Florida..many LOL)?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 08:24 AM

214 posts, read 565,006 times
I would say that April is the better part. . .still pretty with spring flowers and mild temperatures (lower humidity). Not necessarily pants weather but there could be "cool" or breezy evenings. In May the humidity starts to roll in with warmer temperatures.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:25 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,527 times
This year has been weird, so it's hard to say if April will be rainy...cuz it seems like every single DAY IS RAINY! (am i bitter?) but for the most part it should be in the 70s. It's not oppressive in May, it's actually beautiful. Bring a light rain jacket just in case.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:32 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Normally, it's June (and late June at that) when the temperatures really start to ramp up.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:42 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,800,017 times
I grew up in Central FL and now live in North GA.

The only rainy season we have here seems be be more in the winter months. Often cold and rainy here during winter. (rain stays around, and is more like drizzle vs. FL where it rains hard, then clears out fast)

March is active in terms of storms and tornados sometimes. You will notice barely any thunder here compared to FL. I really missed it at first, but now I honestly can't remember what those FL storms were like. By the way, we are moving back to Lake County, FL (just west of Orlando) this summer if all goes well.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
I grew up in Central FL and now live in North GA.

The only rainy season we have here seems be be more in the winter months. Often cold and rainy here during winter. (rain stays around, and is more like drizzle vs. FL where it rains hard, then clears out fast)

March is active in terms of storms and tornados sometimes. You will notice barely any thunder here compared to FL. I really missed it at first, but now I honestly can't remember what those FL storms were like. By the way, we are moving back to Lake County, FL (just west of Orlando) this summer if all goes well.
May I ask why you are moving back to Florida? Does it have to do with missing it? Lake County (Clermont?).

Old 02-06-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
May I ask why you are moving back to Florida? Does it have to do with missing it? Lake County (Clermont?).
My parents and brother still live in Central FL. We don't have any family here in GA. FL is like home to me, warts and all. (lol) I don't like the weather here either (and in fact, we are on the edge of tornado alley which is very scary) Give me a hurricane any day because at least you get some warning.

Religion is in your face here too, but would probably be less so in the suburbs closer to Atlanta metro. Most of my friends and former co-workers in FL were very religious, but you would never know unless you asked. Here, people can't even comprehend that anyone would "not celebrate Easter". (ie be Jewish or Hindu or even non-religious)

It really comes down to wanting to be closer to my parents now that we have two small children. Plus, I just really love the sun, bike trails, and springs/beaches. (way too hilly in our area of GA to ride bikes)

You

Old 02-06-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
My parents and brother still live in Central FL. We don't have any family here in GA. FL is like home to me, warts and all. (lol) I don't like the weather here either (and in fact, we are on the edge of tornado alley which is very scary) Give me a hurricane any day because at least you get some warning.

Religion is in your face here too, but would probably be less so in the suburbs closer to Atlanta metro. Most of my friends and former co-workers in FL were very religious, but you would never know unless you asked. Here, people can't even comprehend that anyone would "not celebrate Easter". (ie be Jewish or Hindu or even non-religious)

It really comes down to wanting to be closer to my parents now that we have two small children. Plus, I just really love the sun, bike trails, and springs/beaches. (way too hilly in our area of GA to ride bikes)

You really should visit in the winter before you make any choices. That said, I'm sure you will find the cost of housing great here and you can get these huge homes with a real basement!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post

You really should visit in the winter before you make any choices. That said, I'm sure you will find the cost of housing great here and you can get these huge homes with a real basement!
We were there Dec 6-12 (and I heard from the locals, while there, that it was colder than normal that week). We loved the cold, but then again, I am originally from the NYC area. So living in South Florida has made me miss seasons incredibly. I'm also tired of flat land. LOL I was impressed by all of the hills in GA. I haven't seen anything like in a loooong time.
However, tornadoes don't excite me. In fact, they freak me out. This was the only reason I was debating moving to GA. We are looking in Dacula and Suwanee. Do they get tornadoes there often??? I know Central Florida has tornadoes. In fact, they had an interesting line of storms just yesterday. February is usually a month where tornadoes are more frequent in Central Florida.
I only have my parents in Florida, but they would relocate as they are ready to retire and get out of Florida as well.
We actually house hunted in Clermont back in 2007. We liked it. Enough hills, and it definitely gets colder than South Florida. But I think we just want to get out of Florida.

Last edited by AJ1972; 02-06-2010 at 09:30 AM..

Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 AM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Normally, it's June (and late June at that) when the temperatures really start to ramp up.

Yep, what Lady Lovin said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta