Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:52 PM

304 posts, read 856,166 times

Advertisements

How do you like the hospitals here?
Were you able to negociate your salary?
Is is somewhat comparable to your previous salary?
What area do you work in?
I will be moving too...I am just curious.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 12:00 PM

381 posts, read 506,667 times
my wife is an RN (IMCU) at piedmont fayette. they paid for moving expenses, but at the moment they are in a hiring freeze (most hospitals also). pay is average, not much room to negotiate. Ohio pays much more than GA. FL pays average as well. there are options for premium pay along with shift diffs, weekend, holiday, etc to increase base pay.

of all the hospitals she has worked in, they all had drama... a common trend is that hospitals are usually mismanaged.

-a|ex

Old 02-16-2009, 04:03 PM

Calling all rn's:d:d:d

Old 02-16-2009, 06:08 PM

465 posts, read 2,426,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
Calling all rn's:d:d:d
My mom's an RN at piedmont (I finished the LPN program in Atlanta in 2007, and moved to North Carolina and now am in school for my RN) and it's true, they are in a hiring freeze. She also said that almost every department has laid off someone except for nurses. Scary. Georgia is known for their low pay for nurses; not that nurses really make enough money anywhere, really, except for new york and california. So definitely have something lined up ahead of time, things are little funky right now even in medicine with the economy and Atlanta has a massive amount of hospitals. Just so you know, Emory and anything in the WellStar health system are the lowest paying.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:20 PM

Interesting, I've benn speaking to some nurse recruiters, one form Northside Hospital etc and they deny this "FREEZE". The y still post many positions on several hospital websites..
hmmm...interesting.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:21 PM

465 posts, read 2,426,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
Interesting, I've benn speaking to some nurse recruiters, one form Northside Hospital etc and they deny this "FREEZE". The y still post many positions on several hospital websites..
hmmm...interesting.
I wasn't saying all hospitals, I was just speaking of piedmont specifically. I don't know what's going in Atlanta with all hospitals right now, I haven't been back there, really, in a little over a year. I just know what my mom said about piedmont. I'm sure every hospital has some nursing jobs, I just don't think they're hiring at the rate they were some time ago. If you line something up ahead of time, you'll be fine. Northside hospital is one of the best, nurses that go there usually don't leave. It's known in Atlanta as the "baby hospital", although of course they do a wide range of care, L&D is where their reputation is. The hospital is located in one of the most expensive and upscale parts of town. The patient demographic is upper-middle class to upper class. Good luck.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
I wasn't saying all hospitals, I was just speaking of piedmont specifically. I don't know what's going in Atlanta with all hospitals right now, I haven't been back there, really, in a little over a year. I just know what my mom said about piedmont. I'm sure every hospital has some nursing jobs, I just don't think they're hiring at the rate they were some time ago. If you line something up ahead of time, you'll be fine. Northside hospital is one of the best, nurses that go there usually don't leave. It's known in Atlanta as the "baby hospital", although of course they do a wide range of care, L&D is where their reputation is. The hospital is located in one of the most expensive and upscale parts of town. The patient demographic is upper-middle class to upper class. Good luck.
thanks I appreciate it!

Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 PM

3 posts, read 19,735 times
I will be graduating in the fall I live on long island ny. I have been an lpn for 15 years I work with an agency and make 28.50 an hour. I wanted to move to cary north carolina but I hear rn salaries are about $20 and hour are they for real?

Old 01-28-2010, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 9,475 times
I'm interested in this thread as well! I'm an RN from Boston and I'll be relocating sometime before August, when my husband starts grad school in Atlanta. I graduated nursing school in Dec. 2008 and have been working in a community setting since, so I think it will be rough finding hospital jobs. The market is terrible in Boston..

Old 01-28-2010, 04:36 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,811,551 times
Start the application for Georgia RN license long before you get there. It was the most complex and time consuming of the three states I have had licenses in. Discouraging since it appears salaries are 50% less than what I make in Connecticut and that is if I can even find a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta