U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 02:14 AM

4 posts, read 5,384 times

Advertisements

Hi,

1. Budget : Rental around $700 - $800 (One bed room / Studio)
2. House/Condo/Townhome? : House/Apartment/Furnished preferred.
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) : Working at ACS-INC GHS Roswell Rd. 30350
4. Children(public school vs. private) : None.
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two : No specific preference.
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? : Will depend on buses till i buy a used car.
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. : Mixed cultural.

Please do let me know soon. I am at the same time looking for a used car. i see there are too many options on the internet. Any suggestions? I live alone and drive alone (maybe a girlfriend if i get to meet someone )

I will be driving from home to office most of the time and may use it to go around the city at the most.

Last edited by LonelyNomad; 01-29-2010 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: Changed the rent amount and put in more details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 10:17 AM

4 posts, read 5,577 times
I'll have to keep in contact w/ you and keep track with this post. I'll be moving to the area soon also and will be having the same questions you are!

Old 01-31-2010, 12:43 PM

744 posts, read 1,846,286 times
Area that you might want to check out,
there are a lot of apartments that are on Peachtree-Dunwoody starting north of Abernathy Road that you may want to check out zip 30328. There is a marta station (Mass Transit) North Springs station that is right off that road, and another Sandy Springs Station is just south of Abernathy Road. Also GA-400 is right there so you could easily get to and from Alpharetta. Plenty of things to do in the area, Perimeter Mall, young professionals and tons of restaurants. Considering you will be traveling GA-400 and likely get off on Northridge, to get to work, I'll suggest the same area to you as I did another poster. Try promove or another site to assist in your search but I would recommend that area, the commute is very doable.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:31 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,816,481 times
check out equity apartments, they have over 15 apartments in Atlanta

Old 01-31-2010, 07:33 PM

5 posts, read 26,155 times
Whatever you do...ask about the financial stability of the HOA...if there is one. If your realtor tells you they can't get them...ditch the realtor. They're lying. A family moved into our neighborhood this month. They had NO idea that we had an active HOA. It's in a mess...but it's ACTIVE! This means that the house they just bought comes with a yearly price of 500 dollars whether they like it or not. When I mentioned this to them, they were shocked. They called their realtor who them CAME to MY HOME and, basically, told me that I shouldn't have said anything about it. They were pissed at me because i told them what THEY didn't which breaches their CODE of CONDUCT! They will do anything to make a buck in this town right now. Lie...cheat...steal and call YOU names when you point out the TRUTH! ASK about the HOA's!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:01 AM

Thanks a lot all of you! I remember reading in another post about crime and breakins around Sandy Springs.. is it something i should be worried about?

scumbuster:: Thanks for the heads up! should i worry about this even if i rent an apartment?

By the way, any ideas on used cars? Like which brand/type of car would be suitable for all-weather driving. considering i will be the only person driving, even a 2 seater would do (if that would be cheaper) I am unaware of American Cars all i've seen till now are more of Japanese and Korean cars here.... Please advice on this. my budget may be around $4k

Old 02-01-2010, 05:51 AM

5 posts, read 26,155 times
Default Don't know about apartments but...

If it's classified/called or considered a "condo or condominium", it will probably have an active HOA. Just ask anyway, it cannot hurt. But don't just rely on a realtor (if you use one)...ask the people that live or work there.

As for cars, I don't know that one. I just slid on some ice a few weeks ago and that was in an SUV! Ha! If it's driving in bad weather you're mostly concerned with, I'd look into really good tires more than the car...I think.

Be careful looking at cars at Carmax, though. My son went looking there a few years ago and there were issues with every car we looked at and on one, they wouldn't give the carfax history on. They said they couldn't pull it up "for some reason". When we got home, WE pulled it up just fine and fouind out it had been in an accident 6 years earlier. I dunno...just be careful.

Good luck!

Old 02-01-2010, 06:26 AM

Thanks!

If anybody can provide me with more information on cars, it would be very helpful. Thanks!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,486,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNomad View Post
Thanks!

If anybody can provide me with more information on cars, it would be very helpful. Thanks!
We have a chain here called carmax. Several friends and neighbors have used them, and they have a good reputation.

CarMax - Browse used cars and new cars online

Good luck.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:47 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,264,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNomad View Post
Thanks!

I would recommend Japanese cars - specifically a Toyota or Nissan. I have only owned Nissans my whole life and all of them have been good to me. I would recommend looking at the Nissan Altima or Maxima if you can find one in your budget. Also, check out a Honda Accord or Civic.

If you are into American made cars, check out the Chevy Impala and Malibu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or