U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 10:24 AM

16,248 posts, read 21,917,469 times

Advertisements

I just happened upon this station about 2 months ago and I have been listening to it during the day. It goes off the air after about 6PM. It has been playing a good mix of music and no commercials, announcements (except the time and temperature) or anything else. Then, day before yesterday, the station was "stuck" and the same song kept playing over and over again all day! I tried to look up the number and the number on the internet was disconnected. Today they are back to playing the pretty decent mix of music they were playing. I wonder what is going on with that station and how they make any money with no commercials. Maybe they don't which is why their phones are off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 10:32 AM

4,091 posts, read 4,960,854 times
It's probably some kids in their parents garage taking over the air waves!

Old 01-29-2010, 12:33 PM

16,248 posts, read 21,917,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
It's probably some kids in their parents garage taking over the air waves!
No - it is actually a station that is registered to Smyrna where I live. It used to be a Spanish station located in the Belmont Shopping Plaza which was demolished last month. Its tower was in the back of the shopping center (that was demolished too). It was off the air after that and then, as I drove by the vacant lot that used to be the shopping centre, I thought about the station and tuned to 1550 and heard a good mix of music- everything from Bachman Turner Overdrive to old doo wop. So I have been listening but I never tried to call until it got "stuck" the other day. I wonder if anybody works there or what happened to the studio and tower. They must have moved it somewhere. But they have no phone I guess. Weird.
BTW me and my brother put an FM station on the air years ago. We had a 25 watt mono transmitter and I climbed up a tall tree and put the antenna in it!

Old 03-24-2016, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 1,158 times
@ KevK & MAniacTHW -As of March 24, 2016 it is still cranking "a good mix of oldies" and seems to be doing fairly well. It's still on with very low transmitter wattage, but it's coming in here in Woodstock. I'm listening to it through my SDR(Software Defined Radio) with an HF (High Frequency) Up-converter, and a 60ft. longwire antenna. The mix of music they have is decent.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,158 times
Here's what I could find on the station. Actually, it is kicking out 50K watts during the day time with a directional antenna that covers two paths, and covers a pretty significant area. Nighttime is limited to 16 watts. It used to be called La Familia..., and is now called Diva 1550. They have 4 towers for daytime broadcasting and 1 tower for nighttime.

Owners: Intelli LLC

Station Address:
2460 Atlanta Road
Smyrna, GA 30080

Please Note: This address comes from the FCC's database and may not be up to date. For verified radio station mailing addresses, please look at our mailing list options.

Phone: 770-436-6171
Fax: 770-436-0100
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta