Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 07:55 PM

5 posts, read 27,470 times

Advertisements

This week, a new family bought one of the bank owned homes in my defunct subdivision. We have an active HOA, but...it's a mess due to the builder acting shady. We (the families in here) called the real estate company which lists the homes in here and we were TOLD by THEM that, in fact, new home owners (bank owned or not)would be subject to the HOA fees...etc. Ok. Fine. A family just bought one. I wenty over to welcome them and we chatted about the neighborhood and I mentioned the HOA. They looked SHOCKED and asked if we had one! Puzzled, I said...yes and that it was 500 dollars. VERY AWKWARD! They told me their realtor hadn't told them...etc. That was that...we talked about deer and rabbits and they asked me about utilities...etc. I came home and decided to call the listing agent for the BO homes (she told me months ago that I could and SHE called me and gave me her contact information in a freakin' email!!!!!!!!!!) and asked her about the situation. She was shocked that anyone was even in that house. I told her they were there and that there was a u-haul there...etc. But she seemed more intent on my "peeking through windows" ...she asked me to see what they had in there...? HUH? UHm...no. I simply looked out my window, told her they were gone at that point and I asked her the HOA question again. She told me it was the responsibility of the bank and the buyer's agent and that ended the conversation. Whatever. Then...a few minutes later, the buyer's realtor shows up at MY door screaming about me telling the new people about the HOA. First she told me they knew..then she changes her story and tells me that they didn't "know any of this". Uhm...yes. I know...BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T TELL THEM! This little twit was PO'd because I let some cat out of a bag that I didn't even know was in there! She didn't give her clients FULL disclosure because she knew that telling them this place came with an HOA tag every year may just jeopardize her neat paycheck. What slime balls. Before you move anywhere around here, ask the following: Do they have an HOA? Is it active? (Check out the facts at the secretary of states office site under corporations)How much is it? Who's in charge of it? IF your realtor says they don't know...they are LYING to you! They CAN get the information. It's public access! If they don't tell you, it's because they don't want to lose their lousy pay day...that's it. No other reason. Then, on top of the above, knock on a door of one of the homes IN the neighborhood you are interested in. ASK the PEOPLE living THERE! An unreliable realtor WILL lie to you just to squeeze you into a house. The bank WILL keep information from you too, apparently!!!!! You are NO more than a wallet to them. How these types of..."people" can sleep at night is BEYOND me! I am going to go on every single site I can find around this town and WARN everyone. If a realtor sees it...GOOD!!!!!!!!!! The crooked ones are now oversahdowing the lousy ones. WARNING!!!!!!!! If you'd like the NAMES/AGENCIES of these..."people"...let me know and I'll be GLAD to give it to you!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:07 PM

10 posts, read 26,499 times
Default How We Got Into This Mess

Times are hard and many are desperate due to circumstances yet this does not give one a "free" pass to be dishonest when dealing with others. Full discloser when making a deal creates a life time customer. Many people only buy one home in their life time but if they received an honest and fair deal they become your best advertisers. They will send business your way. Word of mouth can make or break a business and or a persons reputation. Since Real Estate agents may go from agency to another people remember your name if they didn't get a fair deal. So no matter whom you go to work for that bad reputation will follow you. Yes, money is tight and people are losing jobs, homes and all still it is not an excuse for what people do in desperation. I would rather continue to struggle through working harder and if I wound up homeless sleeping in my car at least I know that I can look myself in the mirror. People need to think how they feel when they are taken by an auto mechanic, car sales person or friend it doesn't feel very good. So why would you stick it to someone who trust you to deliver a fair and honest deal. You are still going to make a commission it just won't be as much as your greedy self wants.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:28 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbuster View Post
I am going to go on every single site I can find around this town and WARN everyone.
Well, that's nice, but note that this is not a consumer complaints board, and it won't be allowed here if you decide to repost it. Warning people about a specific problem in a neighborhood is one thing - suggesting things consumers/home buyers do to protect themselves from hidden costs is one thing - but please, avoid the long podium rants here... this is not the place for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: