U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 AM
 
1,054 posts, read 2,944,156 times
Reputation: 173

Advertisements

Which are the good ones in South Forsyth (Cumming area)?
I know South Forsyth HS is one.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 AM
 
14,386 posts, read 23,061,016 times
Reputation: 5118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Which are the good ones in South Forsyth (Cumming area)?
I know South Forsyth HS is one.

Thanks.
All of the high schools in Forsyth County are good.


South Forsyth High and the new Lambert High have more affluent populations if that matters to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2010, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
1,262 posts, read 2,581,691 times
Reputation: 967
Most of the newer residents of Forsyth live in the southern part of the county. Also, you have stated before, that you didn't want a 'country' atmosphere. Have you been to Forsyth County? Most parts of it are still quite rural. The southern end is the most developed, but even then, there are still large swaths of undeveloped land. Also, I believe you husband is a PA, and there is only one hospital in that part of the land, Northside Forsyth. As of current, they are not hiring any PA's, at any of their campuses. Also, if he does get a job at another hospital, it's going to be a tough commute getting either to GMC, or even to the city, as it is a long way down 400. Just some things to think about....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
 
1,054 posts, read 2,944,156 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
Most of the newer residents of Forsyth live in the southern part of the county. Also, you have stated before, that you didn't want a 'country' atmosphere. Have you been to Forsyth County? Most parts of it are still quite rural. The southern end is the most developed, but even then, there are still large swaths of undeveloped land. Also, I believe you husband is a PA, and there is only one hospital in that part of the land, Northside Forsyth. As of current, they are not hiring any PA's, at any of their campuses. Also, if he does get a job at another hospital, it's going to be a tough commute getting either to GMC, or even to the city, as it is a long way down 400. Just some things to think about....
This was awesome info and a great memory. Thank you.
Perfect points made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2010, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
1,262 posts, read 2,581,691 times
Reputation: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
This was awesome info and a great memory. Thank you.
Perfect points made.
You are quite welcome!

Don't get me wrong though, Forsyth County is a really great and desirable place. It's one of the most affluent counties in the country. However, I'm not sure how good of a fit it's going to be for you. Good Luck on the search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
 
997 posts, read 4,311,717 times
Reputation: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
Also, I believe you husband is a PA, and there is only one hospital in that part of the land, Northside Forsyth. As of current, they are not hiring any PA's, at any of their campuses. Also, if he does get a job at another hospital, it's going to be a tough commute getting either to GMC, or even to the city, as it is a long way down 400. Just some things to think about....
Emory Johns Creek hospital is right across the street from the South Forsyth County line. This might be easier to get to than Northside depending on where in South Forsyth you choose.

Also North Fulton Regional on Hwy 9 Roswell/Alpharetta is another possibility but a little bit further. Hwy 9 takes you into Forsyth. You can get to Gwinnett Medical down Peachtree Industrial from Suwanee in South Forsyth.

These are all possibilities without going to the Perimeter or Downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top