U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 03:26 PM

2,683 posts, read 5,318,301 times

Advertisements

Nancy's Pizza in midtown has good deep dish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestw12 View Post
Atl pizza is not bad. And it will get better as more Nyers move in. I agree- a good deep dish place would make someone a nice retirement here.

What I find interesting about Atl is the style but medocre food. In some towns, its reverse, you'll see a Hole-in-the wall but great meal. Here it's LA style with average fare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 03:49 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,829,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
Here we go. The Chicago deep dish vs. New York thin crust war in Atlanta!

I like Nancy's too, but I haven't had there deep dish yet. I'll have to give it a shot.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:13 PM

11,319 posts, read 22,992,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
Yes, but it's in midtown. Both locations are roughly 13 miles from my doorstep, but with a dozen decent places within 5-6 miles it seems like a lot of effort. Then again, we drive 10 miles to get to the Bone Garden, so...

Old 02-05-2010, 07:36 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,461,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Jet's Pizza
The BBQ Chicken pizza is really really really good.
In Michigan there are Jet's Pizzas all over the place, and that was one of our favorites. We have been thinking about making a trip to Smyrna to get some, and have been hoping that they open one in Gwinnett County. Jet's is a good example of Detroit/Cleveland pizza, which is thinner than Chicago style but thicker than New York. In Cleveland, there are local pizza places with that style pizza on every corner, but it is much harder to find here in Atlanta.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:43 AM

11,319 posts, read 22,992,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
In Michigan there are Jet's Pizzas all over the place, and that was one of our favorites.
Whoa... I see that. I didn't realize it was such a large chain.

There seem to be only two in the Atlanta metro thusfar: Smyrna and PTC.

Yeah, it's certainly a thicker crust. It isn't stuffed or Chicago style, but it's quite filling. Their "Jet's bread" is rather good, too.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,461,019 times
Quote:
Whoa... I see that. I didn't realize it was such a large chain.

There seem to be only two in the Atlanta metro thusfar: Smyrna and PTC.

Yeah, it's certainly a thicker crust. It isn't stuffed or Chicago style, but it's quite filling. Their "Jet's bread" is rather good, too.
We took one of our New York friends to Pepperoni's in Duluth, which also serves a Michigan/Ohio style pizza of moderate thickness (the owner is from Detroit). However, our friend thought that it was too "doughy" compared to New York style. For me, however, that's the type of pizza that I grew up eating, and I love it! I think I might have to make a trip over to Jet's this weekend. I also enjoy Everybody's Pizza near Emory.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:08 AM

2,683 posts, read 5,318,301 times
Yes I am out of line here as all the suggestions seem to be OTP.

Quote:
Yes, but it's in midtown. Both locations are roughly 13 miles from my doorstep, but with a dozen decent places within 5-6 miles it seems like a lot of effort. Then again, we drive 10 miles to get to the Bone Garden, so...

Old 02-05-2010, 12:08 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,737,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
We took one of our New York friends to Pepperoni's in Duluth, which also serves a Michigan/Ohio style pizza of moderate thickness (the owner is from Detroit). However, our friend thought that it was too "doughy" compared to New York style. For me, however, that's the type of pizza that I grew up eating, and I love it! I think I might have to make a trip over to Jet's this weekend. I also enjoy Everybody's Pizza near Emory.
Theres a place called Traditions on Peachtree Industrial that is good NY style pizza. I've had it twice when it was better when the older gentleman made it but it gets generally good reviews.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 PM

1,352 posts, read 3,944,592 times
i like big pie in the sky

you might have seen it on tv. could be better but its different from the chains at least.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 PM

308 posts, read 932,267 times
Athens Pizza, 950 and Blue Moon are all great choices as some have already mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta