Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 01:53 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,524,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Most of them are gone up there, too. The Atlanta metro needs more deep dish places, especially in the W and NW suburbs, IMO.

That said, my wife and I now have four favorite pizza places in the southern Smyrna area:

Pizzeria Fortunato
Maybe the best NY-style place we've found in our area.

Blue Moon PIzza - Specialty Pizzas - Creative Salads - Inspired Sandwiches
Their Jerk Chicken and Meateor speciality pizzas are very yummy.

Bella's Pizzeria
Good pizza and calzones.

Jet's Pizza
The BBQ Chicken pizza is really really really good.
Okay you have perked my interest on the Pizza Fortunato. But I need to know where you originate from before I make a special trip there. My quest for good pizza here has been a long and painful one. I have found some acceptable pizza (inexpensive, family friendly and not horrible) or I have acclimated. I do think Blue Moon is decent but not quite worth the drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 02:08 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,078,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
Yes I am out of line here as all the suggestions seem to be OTP.
Nah, it doesn't matter. My wife and I got to restaurants both ITP and OTP depending on circumstances.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
Okay you have perked my interest on the Pizza Fortunato. But I need to know where you originate from before I make a special trip there. My quest for good pizza here has been a long and painful one. I have found some acceptable pizza (inexpensive, family friendly and not horrible) or I have acclimated. I do think Blue Moon is decent but not quite worth the drive.
Fortunato Pizzeria is located here:

Fortunato Pizzeria - Google Maps

Keep in mind that I am a midwesterner who lived dangerously close to Chicago for 40 years and who also likes Chicago-style pizza, so my taste in pizza could be suspect. Also, the place is two miles from our house so it's a convenient pick-up point.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:16 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,524,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Fortunato Pizzeria is located here:

Fortunato Pizzeria - Google Maps

Keep in mind that I am a midwesterner who lived dangerously close to Chicago for 40 years and who also likes Chicago-style pizza, so my taste in pizza could be suspect. Also, the place is two miles from our house so it's a convenient pick-up point.
Thanks helpful. I am a Jersey girl....thin crust.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:49 PM

97 posts, read 355,554 times
Didn't make it to Pie950 the other day but it's still on the list......

Some good ideas in here. Never even knew that Antico place was there. All these places look good.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:33 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,184,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
In Michigan there are Jet's Pizzas all over the place, and that was one of our favorites. We have been thinking about making a trip to Smyrna to get some, and have been hoping that they open one in Gwinnett County. Jet's is a good example of Detroit/Cleveland pizza, which is thinner than Chicago style but thicker than New York. In Cleveland, there are local pizza places with that style pizza on every corner, but it is much harder to find here in Atlanta.
Thats basically Mellow Mushroom's style of pizza which is a little too much crust for my taste.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:00 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,045,788 times
Varasano's Pizzeria - Buckhead - Atlanta, GA in Buckhead is quite good.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
Thats basically Mellow Mushroom's style of pizza which is a little too much crust for my taste.
I don't recall Mellow Mushroom being much like Jet's at all, but I've only eaten there twice and had speciality pizzas both times.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:56 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,403,839 times
Godfathers across from the Varsity on the corner. Everything ive ever gotten from there was good.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:10 AM

750 posts, read 2,276,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post

My girlfriend and I have been fans of Blue Moon pizza for some time. It's the pizza and atmosphere that keeps us going back. Friday nights trivia with the Thai Chicken pizza and a cold Blue Moon beer from the tap is a good time although we suck at the trivia . As far as where we are from I'm from here and she's from Germany, so we may not have the pizza experience/knowledge of others and we do enjoy the thin crust pizza's the best.

Thai Chicken .................................................. ............
Seasoned chicken, house cheese, a spicy sesame peanut sauce topped with bean sprouts, carrots, and cilantro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta