U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 PM

1,364 posts, read 3,287,841 times

Advertisements

I have heard of companies that come into a house and clean out everything that is left, like after someone walks out of a house leaving furniture , etc. I am trying to sell my parents house and none of the family can take any more furniture. Habitat for Humanity is very particular about what they will take. I will probably call Salvation Army and or Goodwill, but there will still be 'stuff" left. does anyone know of a company in Atlanta? I would be willing to pay for the service....within reason. Unfortunately, I am in Charlotte, so there is only so much I can do from here. and getting my family to help is not gonna happen. I asked them to do something simple, like call the paper and list the death notice and no one would do it. 2-1/2 weeks later I finally called myself. We're talking a 2 line notice!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 09:01 PM

200 posts, read 909,104 times
As for the junk that remains, I think you can call 1-800-GOT-JUNK, though there is a cost for this pick up service.

Junk Removal | Hauling 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Trash Waste Garbage Rubbish Removal

Free pick ups are available from some non-profits like American Kidney Fund:

American Kidney Fund - Schedule Free Pickup (http://www.akfpickup.com/schedule.htm - broken link)

As far as cleaning the house, there are numerous services such as Molly Maid:

Georgia Maid Services: Local Home Cleaning in Georgia (GA)

Perhaps others can jump in here with better suggestions?

Global Nomad

Old 02-03-2010, 09:44 PM

13,391 posts, read 21,598,121 times
We recently went through this with my MIL's apartment in NJ. We found an organization that sets up homeless families in apartments. They took absolutely everything, we didn't even have to pack it. The only (minor) problem we had was timing. Because it was staffed by volunteers, we had to wait until they were available to come. Maybe one of the homeless agencies in the area could help with a suggestion?

Old 02-04-2010, 05:37 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,178,613 times
The Furniture Bank of Metro Atlanta : Making a House a Home is an excellent charity that takes furniture for homeless people transitioning to housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or