U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:08 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,468,556 times

Advertisements

I think "The Dump" site on Sidney Marcus is bad too.

Thinking outside the box a little here, but maybe they should consider incorporating it into the Streets of Buckhead complex? It could possibly jump-start the development, and could turn out to be a win-win for all involved parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 10:41 PM

14,387 posts, read 23,061,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post

Thinking outside the box a little here, but maybe they should consider incorporating it into the Streets of Buckhead complex? It could possibly jump-start the development, and could turn out to be a win-win for all involved parties.

I think that would be a great idea...

Beverly Hills High is right in the middle of things...

Beverly Hills High School

Old 12-19-2010, 07:00 AM

23,125 posts, read 36,372,059 times
Quote:

I like this idea. The library is right there, so it could be part of the 'complex'. It would be nice to see a pastoral campus replace the hodge-lodge of dated offices and apartments that inhabit the Grandview Ave/E Paces Ferry area now.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:48 AM

30,065 posts, read 27,742,868 times
Quote:
I think that may have been discussed, although the land acquisition issues would be complex.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:48 PM

1,498 posts, read 2,677,612 times
I highly doubt Ben Carter would welcome or encourage a streets of Buckhead location for the school. 60% of the students at North Atlanta are economically disadvantaged, and most of those students are bused in from other parts of the city. Putting a high school with such a high percentage of poor teenagers in the middle of an upscale shopping district is one of the stupidest things Carter could do. The criminal element that would be added to the mall is reason enough.

Student Teacher Ratio North Atlanta High School - Atlanta, Georgia - GA

Reviews from the website:

"...the students are allowed to wander the campus after-hours w/out supervision."
—Submitted by a parent

"As a student, the best way to describe North Atlanta is by stating that it is governed by paradox and contradiction. For example, the graduating class of 2009 (which had no more than 250 students) earned $16 million in scholarship money, but the composite SAT score for the whole school was 1378. There are more people who live out of zone that aren't in the magnet program than in-zone residents in the whole school."
—Submitted by a student

Old 12-19-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
I highly doubt Ben Carter would welcome or encourage a streets of Buckhead location for the school. 60% of the students at North Atlanta are economically disadvantaged, and most of those students are bused in from other parts of the city. Putting a high school with such a high percentage of poor teenagers in the middle of an upscale shopping district is one of the stupidest things Carter could do. The criminal element that would be added to the mall is reason enough.

"...the students are allowed to wander the campus after-hours w/out supervision."
—Submitted by a parent

"As a student, the best way to describe North Atlanta is by stating that it is governed by paradox and contradiction. For example, the graduating class of 2009 (which had no more than 250 students) earned $16 million in scholarship money, but the composite SAT score for the whole school was 1378. There are more people who live out of zone that aren't in the magnet program than in-zone residents in the whole school."
—Submitted by a student
Yawn......your stupid, devisive agenda has grown beyond tiresome.

Just exactly where do YOU propose a suitable site?

I'm guessing you favor something adjacent to the Fulton County jail.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Yawn......your stupid, devisive agenda has grown beyond tiresome.

Just exactly where do YOU propose a suitable site?

I'm guessing you favor something adjacent to the Fulton County jail.
Well said.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:03 PM

^Thanks, brother a.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:42 PM

5,196 posts, read 6,394,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post

—Submitted by a parent

—Submitted by a student
Retail should never be near the poor?

Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Retail should never be near the poor?

Never!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or