U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 05:12 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,641,049 times

Advertisements

I am having trouble understanding where this high school will be located -- what intersection would it be close to?

Is it an existing building that they will be using -- I see a reference to IBM complex on Northside Pkwy?

arjay and aries -- what is the issue with the location selected -- is it that it is not really close to where Buckhead really is?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 05:52 PM

30,091 posts, read 27,817,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGA View Post
I am having trouble understanding where this high school will be located -- what intersection would it be close to?

Is it an existing building that they will be using -- I see a reference to IBM complex on Northside Pkwy?

arjay and aries -- what is the issue with the location selected -- is it that it is not really close to where Buckhead really is?
Oh, it's a beautiful tract of land on Northside Parkway near the river. It will allow for a campus type arrangement with athletic facilities, room for expansion and all that.

(See map below).

However, when they first started talking about this the school board suggested that they envisioned a signature urban high school integrated into the more heavily developed sections of Buckhead.

The Northside Drive site is in an established area of very high end homes, but they tend more toward estate sites, many having lots of several acres. Nothing wrong with that per se, but in my mind it's a more suburban setting.

I guess we'll have to see what the design of the school actually looks like. Many wonderful schools are built on the campus model and it could be beautiful. It's just not what I had in mind.

Google Maps

Old 04-10-2011, 06:55 AM

1 posts, read 813 times
My family, (which includes 3 daughters ages 10, 8, 7), are relocating into the Buckhead area. What schools do your children attend? Are you still happy. My largest concern is Sutton Middle test scores, as I have a rising 5th grader. I understand that High school would be a private move. Any info would be very appreciated! We have looked into the East Cobb area, however we can't find a area that appeals to us as the Chastain area/Brookehaven. Also, do you feel safe in Buckhead?

Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 AM

88 posts, read 121,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEH5 View Post
My family, (which includes 3 daughters ages 10, 8, 7), are relocating into the Buckhead area. What schools do your children attend? Are you still happy. My largest concern is Sutton Middle test scores, as I have a rising 5th grader. I understand that High school would be a private move. Any info would be very appreciated! We have looked into the East Cobb area, however we can't find a area that appeals to us as the Chastain area/Brookehaven. Also, do you feel safe in Buckhead?

NOOOO! Dear heavens NO! I was mugged by a gang of transvestite thugs outside Lenox which is in Buckhead. They tried to steal my shopping bags. Buckhead is extremely dangerous.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:25 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,485,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQQST View Post
NOOOO! Dear heavens NO! I was mugged by a gang of transvestite thugs outside Lenox which is in Buckhead. They tried to steal my shopping bags. Buckhead is extremely dangerous.
LOL! And the obsession continues......

Old 04-10-2011, 10:58 AM

30,091 posts, read 27,817,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEH5 View Post
The public schools in the North Atlatna cluster are outstanding. They're all part of the [SIZE=2]International Baccalaureate system.[/SIZE]

Schools -

And of course if you want to go private that's the place to be.

When it comes to safety, it doesn't get much better than Buckhead. The area around Chastain is superb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or