U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 08:37 PM

90 posts, read 293,079 times

Advertisements

Aside from Craigslist and Creative Loafing, what resources are available for professionals interested in renting a house within or just outside of the perimeter?

Thanks,
T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 09:33 PM

200 posts, read 909,690 times
As I drive around Atlanta everyday, I typically see a number of nice houses in pretty neighborhoods located inside the perimeter with "For Rent" or "For Lease" signs posted outside. They may not advertise (my parents never did for a rental house they owned). You have to write down the phone number listed on the sign and then contact the owner or rental agent.

Your best bet is to pick out some neighborhoods you are interested in and then drive around looking for signs.

Another option is to contact various real estate companies to see if they have any homes for lease (of course, they'll want to sell you a house, but you can say you are not interested in buying at this time).

Global Nomad

Old 02-03-2010, 11:27 PM

Thanks, globalnomad. I know exactly what you're talking about as far as landlords who don't advertise.....but unfortunately, I don't drive so I'll need to start my search via the web and then physically visit places.

But I appreciate the reminder and I thank you again for your post.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:29 AM

10 posts, read 26,314 times
You should try Rentlist.net or Georgia MLS listings. Rentlist.net is a property managers website that you can search by property, county, city or by property manager and it has links that will direct you to their website. Or Georgia MLS listings which you can find on GArealtors.com. Select Rental listings under what type of home and use the map to select your location. I find those to be the best in finding a rental townhome or house.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:10 PM

Thanks, Nia. I've got 'em bookmarked!

Old 02-10-2010, 06:46 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,488,232 times
how negotiable are the renters these day for those transplanting. Am I seeing correctly that 1500 can get you 4 bed 2 newer home in a swim/playground/clubhouse development.

What sections in the gwinnett/cobb/alpharetta area (meaning specific subdivisions)..would anyone reccomend...looking for newer comunities, awesome schools are a must....dont want to get out side the developent and pop into an iffy area. We run our business from home..so that isnt a consideration, however I would like to live at least 45 minutes to atlanta for kids activites and leisure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta