U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 AM

7,862 posts, read 15,215,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
So some people might want Atlanta to succeed from the state of Georgia after this idiotic decision.
Well, many of us think Atlanta has already become very successful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 06:54 AM

23,120 posts, read 36,444,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Well, many of us think Atlanta has already become very successful.
LOL; Neil, correcting grammatical errors and misused words on C-D could be a full-time job.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:31 AM

3,528 posts, read 4,392,175 times
GALiberal, you make too much sense sometimes.

If there any TRUE small-government conservatives/libertarians or whoever dares to lay claim to the mantle of rugged individual freedom here in Georgia or in the south, then ALL forms of big goverment spending and/or meddling in private enterprise should be lambasted. But all I see these days is mere hypocrisy, especially here in the south. But I guess that's an age-old story.

I'll be so glad when the day comes that folks can evolve above rank partisan nonsense & engage in a true discussion about where our country should be in the generations to come. When that day happens, I will be more than willing to put Democrats on blast. Just sayin', ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
Yes, you are correct. The Republicans do not support wasteful spending on infrastructure...just wasteful spending on unnecessary wars in order to give payoffs to Republican constituencies (i.e. Halliburton). If you're going to exonerate one party..at least make sure their hands are clean.

Last edited by AcidSnake; 02-08-2010 at 08:43 AM..

Old 02-08-2010, 09:39 AM

7,862 posts, read 15,215,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
GALiberal, you make too much sense sometimes.
Sense if you buy off on the false premises provided, based on political biases. Oh well...there is a politics forum for us to beat those dead horses.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:10 PM

3,528 posts, read 4,392,175 times
I'm afraid I am going to need to some clarity from you on the first comment.

As far as the second comment...I visited those forums. It's nothing but rehashed talk radio/Fox news stuff. No unique views or forward-thinking ideals in there at all. Just more line-towing, echo-chamber, rigidly unyielding partisan-like boredom, but I guess that's just the way SOME folks like it.

Quote:
Sense if you buy off on the false premises provided, based on political biases. Oh well...there is a politics forum for us to beat those dead horses.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:46 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,774,478 times
Topic: Georgia Senate says no to Microchips

Old 02-08-2010, 03:18 PM

4,091 posts, read 4,960,854 times
There's a quote somewhere that would make sense of this. Goes something like:

"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me."

If you support certain groups getting chipped, have fun when they come to chip you.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:25 PM

11,319 posts, read 23,017,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
If you support certain groups getting chipped, have fun when they come to chip you.
Absolutely.

Information gathering is almost always done with good intentions, but it isn't the original use of that information that usually concerns me ... it's the consequences when the inevitable happens and someone else happens across that same information and decides to use it for some other (often nefarious) purpose.

It's a lot harder to keep something secure than you might think ... even smart people can be coerced into stupid things if they aren't expecting it (look up "social engineering" for more info), or they can simply make a mistake. How many laptops containing government or corporate data have been lost in the past year, for example? I'd bet dozens if not hundreds...

Old 02-08-2010, 09:12 PM

180 posts, read 166,717 times
Quote:
Which premises were false? Was your statement that the stimulus is a pay off to democratic constituencies not completely unsubstantiated and based on a political bias? I'd wager that I'd have a easier time providing evidence for my statement than you would yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or