U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 02:16 PM

3 posts, read 7,028 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I am having some trouble finding answers to a few questions I have so I figured I would try here.

I want to do something special for my boyfriend because his birthday is next weekend, which means the pressure is on because I am planning for Valentine's Day AND his birthday. He loves nature and is very active, yet it seems to be a bit too cold out for our usual hiking, kayaking, etc.

I thought the Valentine's sleepover at the Georgia Aquarium would be a perfect fit, but it is completely booked. I noticed that the zoo has a sleepover program as well, but seems to be geared towards families with children. I know we would still enjoy it, but would we feel uncomfortable and seem weird for participating?

If all fails I guess we could go to the regular aquarium and/or zoo, but are these venues packed on a Saturday? On Sunday we will need to head back home (2 1/2 hour drive or so).

Or are there things I am not aware of that would be a better match? We like off the wall, educational activities...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 10:01 PM

16,202 posts, read 8,476,895 times
I take my kids to the zoo quite often, especially on Saturdays and it is usually not that crowded this time of year. I've only been to the aquarium once and it was packed on a Wednesday at 11am when they opened so I would guess that it would be packed on a Saturday. I actually didn't enjoy the aquarium though and am kind of biased against it because I don't feel it is worth the money, but if you are into all things aquatic then you might enjoy it.

I would also think the sleepover would be geared more toward families with kids. If you are not the type to feel out of place though, I'm sure that they'll be accomodating. The zoo has a nice staff and volunteers and are very friendly so I'm sure they wouldn't single you out or ask where your kids were.

Can't think of any other things though that might be interesting. We go to Sweetwater park in Lithia Springs off I20 to go hiking and fishing sometimes during this time of year as well. But I'm from the midwest and don't think it is all that cold here during the winter most of the time. As long as it is over 40 degrees we are usually fine.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:07 AM

23,125 posts, read 36,367,127 times
An overnight at the James Madison Inn in Madison would be lovely (if it's not already booked):

The James Madison Inn | Madison GA | Luxury Inn | Conference Center

Another great place for a romantic getaway would be Chateau Elan:

Chateau Elan :: North Atlanta Hotel, Winery, Golf, Spa. Premier Meeting and Wedding Destination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta