Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 AM

3 posts, read 59,950 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had difficulty with businesses, employers, TSA, or anyone else accepting the state of Georgia's "interim" (paper) driver's license or ID?

I got an "interim" license and it has been horrible in getting anyone in Georgia to accept this as a valid, legal form of identification until I get the plastic one in the mail. And all DDS does is listen to your complaint, but doesn't seem to have any influence on making businesses, employers, etc accept this.

Also, how long did it take you to get the "permanent" (plastic) card in the mail? Did it take 30 days or more?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 02:35 PM

840 posts, read 2,085,570 times
I got the paper license in December and Havent had any real problem. The only problem I've had was getting onto Fort McPherson with it.

And I am still waiting on mine. I called they said it can take up to 45 days to send the Hard plastic ID out.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:07 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,187,870 times
When I moved to GA and got the temp license, I don't remember any problems, but when I flew, I brought my passport with me as ID.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:05 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,817 times
That is interesting. My temp 30 day licenses were always normal ones, just expiring in a month while the "real" one came in the mail.

thats only for first issue though. renewals are made for the full term on the spot.

which counties are you getting these in? never gotten a paper ga id, ever. always been the normal one with a short exp date.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:58 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,187,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
which counties are you getting these in? never gotten a paper ga id, ever. always been the normal one with a short exp date.
Got mine in Sept 2007 at the DDS office in Sandy Springs.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:09 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post
I got the paper license in December and Havent had any real problem. The only problem I've had was getting onto Fort McPherson with it.

And I am still waiting on mine. I called they said it can take up to 45 days to send the Hard plastic ID out.
OMG, you haven't gotten yours yet? It's February!!

This is ridiculous

Old 02-05-2010, 07:11 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
That is interesting. My temp 30 day licenses were always normal ones, just expiring in a month while the "real" one came in the mail.

thats only for first issue though. renewals are made for the full term on the spot.

I got mine in Dekalb county. But from what I understand this new process of paper license, then within 30-45 days plastic driver's license in the mail is throughout the state of Georgia.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:33 PM

840 posts, read 2,085,570 times
I got mine in Dec at the Locust Grove office

Old 12-28-2010, 04:30 PM

434 posts, read 1,040,624 times
I just got paper ID today, they told me 1 to 2wks for the real one. According to other msg boards if you want to buy alcohol or tobacco, rent a car, fly on a plane, go to bar, or any place where valid ID is need you are going to have issues. Yes its valid ID but I think many will be a bit skeptical once presented this. I havent had issues but its just day 1 and I haven't used my ID for anything yet. I guess I'll see if its a headache as many say it is. LOL: Just imagine a movie theater turning down a 20 something yr old for a R movie due to this paper ID.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 31,045 times
Default Georgia License Renewal

Ya'll are scaring me, I just renewed mine an hour ago, I hope I dont have any issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta