U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:09 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,378,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Well there is no county called North Fullton.Only Fulton.Im sure if you easily separate the more "icky" areas of Gwinnett people would try to make the distinction as well.
I guess if you want to split hairs you can but, I think most people who live in the area know precisely what he meant. While parts of Gwinnett are Icky (probably 50% or more) nearly all of "North Fulton", as in geographic area, not county, is not?

Here, let me give you some ideas.....Gwinnett Mall area? Icky. Eastern Gwinnett? Pedominantly Icky....NE Gwinnet, nice....Northern Gwinnett nice.....Collins Hill area? Descending into Icky....Suwanee area? Nice....Grayson towards Snellville? Not so much....

Does that help clarify it for you? Anyone argue that? Bottomline, the debate was about geographic location and how it relates to commuting. He and I are spot on about this one.

As much as some would like others to think of the "astronomical" cost of taxes in Fulton County, they pale in comparison to the cost of commutes to areas like Gwinnett, Cherokee and Cobb when one has to go "cross-town".

If I am wrong, why is that almost 70% of most cars you see/find used have WELL over 100,000 miles on them when they are 3-4 years old? Me? 1999 Camry with 121,000....and counting...difference? Took me 10.5 years to do it and I do drive it.....

THAT's the difference in living in North Fulton (area) versus the NE or NW part of town. 5-6 jobs later and I'm still in the same abode. Same reason I moved there in the first place.

Once the kids are through, I'm through.....off to a Hybrid and I'll deal with it as at that point, I want more peace and quiet and more than willing to pay for it.

Check out some of my other rants. Especially about the one who thought it might be charming to live North of Paulding....right up there until she figured she would ultimately need a J.O.B.

Ergo, all the traffic in town? Could be me but, I THINK that's what most people are doing in all these cars....going to, and from, work.

Much like "it's the economy stupid"......in Atlanta's case, "it's the commute...."

As far as those supercalifragilisticexpeallodocious taxes, it's about a grand over Gwinnett and Cobb......hmmmmmmm, let's break that down one more time......$3/day, 365 days a year......gas is roughly $2.50 now.....sooooooo, assuming you are tacking on another mere 20-30 miles roundtrip per day, where's the "savings"???

Couple that with the ridiculous density in Cobb or Gwinnett and you should finally start seeing the picture. You are saving NOTHING and spending considerably more minutes each day, each way to prove it.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 833 times
I am a widow age 49, I have 3 children ages 18,15 boys and 11 girl all are smart and good kids. I live in the durham,nc area and have made the decision to relocate. I am looking to move to Atlanta or a surrounding city. While researching, I haven't really found what I'm looking for. I would like to move where I feel safe and the schools are good but somewhere that I myself could meet age appropriate folks, cause I plan on dating and having a life also. What would be a good place to go. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or