Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:34 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,038,951 times

Advertisements

Dallas is wonderful - however there is a reason we call some of the northern burbs "the tundra".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 03:40 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,306,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Dallas is wonderful - however there is a reason we call some of the northern burbs "the tundra".
One of my favorite clients of all time lives in The Colony. She used to whine and ****** every year when she would pay huge $$$ to have semi-mature trees planted on her property.

She used to jokingly tell me that the Northern burbs were wiped clean of any vegetation during the great cattle drives to OK!

Old 03-02-2010, 03:55 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,813,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

There is absolutely no way you can convince me that Dallas is more accessable to anything MOST people would want access to over Atlanta. This includes mountains, beaches and metropolitan areas.
dallas has mountains and beaches within a 5 hr drive (although the beaches atlanta is closer to are much better than texas beaches; i've already stated atlanta has the edge here)

as far as metropolitan areas, i never said that most people would say dallas has a better location, but it's a biased statement for you and afonega to suggest that the eastern us is more desirable

so what? people in the western united states simply don't count? if you feel atlanta has "better" access, that's your opinion, but don't try to state it as fact. period

Quote:
As far as the OP is concerned, our access to Europe on nonstop flights far surpasses what is available from DFW.
don't know anything about that, so it isn't like i could argue it with you

Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,734,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
yeah, cause families never take road trips

spin it anyway you want, man. the fact of the matter is, you were wrong by saying that dallas doesn't have access. when what you meant to say is "dallas doesn't have access to the places afonega sees as important"

it all depends on the individual. look at all the california transplants in texas. i'm sure that to them, dallas is the city with the better access
Dont what got up your bum,but chill out.Its not even that serious.I gave my opinion and backed it up with why I thought the way I did.So why are you upset about?I said what.I meant and certainly do not need you to try and put words in my mouth.Did I bust you out on your opinions?No I simply gave mine.Maybe you are threatened because reasoning holds up to better scrutiny than yours.Whatever the case you do you and i will do me.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Yeah, I'm sure the highways between Dallas and Cali are just packed with families taking random road trips.............

I don't really think afonega1 was attempting to "spin" anything. All it takes is a quick glance at a map/flight schedule to determine which place is better connected.

As far as California transplants considering Dallas to have better access to the Coast vs. Atlanta, as far as nonstop flights are concerned, there is hardly any difference at all. It's a wash. As far as car travel goes, that's a no-brainer, isn't it?
Than you.That is why I did not even mention airports or airtravel.I also never argue with anyone that say Dallas has Atlanta beat on culture because that is an opinion.But no one should then get mad because I then say Atlanta has better culture.Its just an opinion,not the law.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:37 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,038,951 times
My Dallas:

Old 03-02-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
dallas has mountains and beaches within a 5 hr drive (although the beaches atlanta is closer to are much better than texas beaches; i've already stated atlanta has the edge here)

as far as metropolitan areas, i never said that most people would say dallas has a better location, but it's a biased statement for you and afonega to suggest that the eastern us is more desirable

so what? people in the western united states simply don't count? if you feel atlanta has "better" access, that's your opinion, but don't try to state it as fact. period

don't know anything about that, so it isn't like i could argue it with you
How is biased when everydang poll,records or other travel tracking measures say unequivocally what are the top destinations in the country?Forgod sake the East Cost and Midwest are HALF of the country.Isn't it obvious where people are going?Seem like you have more of a problem because of my perceived (perceived because I never gave a preference)preference even if their is evidence to support what I said.Dont blame me.You should OWN that yourself.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
My Dallas:

I thought you were gonna show us Dallas?That is a nice pic of Oklahoma City though......

Old 03-02-2010, 05:08 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,229,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I thought you were gonna show us Dallas?That is a nice pic of Oklahoma City though......
That is a picture of Dallas. I see the BoA tower, Comerica Tower, etc.

In spite of the angle of that pic, Dallas is nowhere near as verdant as the Atlanta area. It's not treeless and barren as some people try to say it is, but the trees are nowhere near as tall. There are some pretty nice neighborhoods with tree cover though.

The southern suburbs are a bit hillier than the northern suburbs. I can't say that Dallas is "flat," but the terrain is a lot more rolling than Atlanta's is.

Here is some cool video I saw of I-20 between Dallas and Ft. Worth that'll give you a good idea of the terrain:

YouTube - I-20W Dallas To Fort Worth TX

Old 03-02-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
That is a picture of Dallas. I see the BoA tower, Comerica Tower, etc.

In spite of the angle of that pic, Dallas is nowhere near as verdant as the Atlanta area. It's not treeless and barren as some people try to say it is, but the trees are nowhere near as tall. There are some pretty nice neighborhoods with tree cover though.

The southern suburbs are a bit hillier than the northern suburbs. I can't say that Dallas is "flat," but the terrain is a lot more rolling than Atlanta's is.

Here is some cool video I saw of I-20 between Dallas and Ft. Worth that'll give you a good idea of the terrain:

YouTube - I-20W Dallas To Fort Worth TX
I was just joking.Starting trouble.lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta