Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:19 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,808,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern no more View Post
Moving to south Atlanta.... you should be afraid!! Most important thing, make sure you have a very powerful weapon for when you get assaulted, abducted, etc..
There is no need for this kind of immaturity. To the OP: you'll get comments like this one when such a subject comes up...just realize that someone like this has no idea what he/she is talking about - and ignore it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 03:11 PM

169 posts, read 561,986 times
As I said... I outrank you. 36 years and counting. Yes, I have moved away from the south end of ATL because I value mine and my family's lives. OP, you don't have to listen to me of course, you can listen to this newbie that likes to take risks with his and his family's lives. You don't have to live in a war zone to know it exists.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,127 times
Quote:
As I said... I outrank you. 36 years and counting. Yes, I have moved away from the south end of ATL because I value mine and my family's lives. OP, you don't have to listen to me of course, you can listen to this newbie that likes to take risks with his and his family's lives. You don't have to live in a war zone to know it exists.
Yes! The war zone of imagination be very very afraid. Where there nothing to fear, you never stated anything that should be fear. but with imagination it's there.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I dont know what you said Chiatldal, probably because of the broken English. I think my proper response from your gibberish post would be that there is plenty to fear in a city where the crime rate is as high as Atlanta's and the racism is out of control.
That cute get ready because I’m going to type more broken English. Atlanta is 14th in crime rate then the city have been decreasing for 2 decades. “the racism is out of control” umm I don't believe the rate of hate crimes is above the national average or Atlantans drink from white and color water fountains.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahibadger View Post
Hi - I am a mixed race (asian/white) male living in the Virginia Highlands and find the commute is pretty easy since it is reverse (about 20 - 30 min max each way 80+% of the time). There are some great elementary schools (Mary Lin, Springdale and Morningside) in this part of town and housing is more affordable these days. The area is pretty progressive and diverse (my neighbors are a young black couple on one side and a gay couple on the other, with a nice WM doctor two doors down). In any event, just another option.
You wouldn't happen to be on HGVT, would you? (Curb Appeal, The Block )

Quote:
I dont know what you said Chiatldal, probably because of the broken English. I think my proper response from your gibberish post would be that there is plenty to fear in a city where the crime rate is as high as Atlanta's and the racism is out of control.
Hiding behind the Pc, making outrageous/exaggerated remarks....nothing new

To the OP. The best thing you can do at this point is ask friends, colleagues and a realtor some questions you may have. I don't think you'll have major issues in South Atlanta. Like every hard working, decent family, look for an area (or areas) with great schools, good neighborhoods, decent shopping amenities, closer to work etc.

Southern no More, relax with the paranoia talk (the only thing that comes to mind, with that kind of talk, is tin foil hats ). Crime is everywhere, and Atlanta is no exception.

This is America, not Iceland. Crime is just a few blocks away.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:42 PM

826 posts, read 3,120,972 times
This will not end well.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
original quote removed by moderator
comment removed by moderator - unnecessary.

Your over exaggeration the crime rate.

06/08/09 - City of Atlanta Online

Crime in Atlanta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forbes: Atlanta 23rd safest large U.S. city *| ajc.com

In Pictures: America's Most Dangerous Cities - No. 15 Philadelphia ...

"racism is out of control." really?

Was you drinking from segregated water fountains, using segregated rest rooms? Is the hate crime rate high here? NO

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 02-15-2010 at 08:37 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 04:10 PM

169 posts, read 561,986 times
I am so glad I could be of service to get some blood pressures up! Not hard to do apparently for some people. Anyone read the headline today about the cop getting killed in south Fulton? Hmmm no not dangerous at all!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:45 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
http://bestsmileys.com/signs11/15.gif (broken link)

WARNING:

One warning - stop the bickering, the race baiting, and the drama, people. No more Romper Room. Read the OP's request, and answer it. Just answer it and do not "insert here" more drama and bickering and taking pokes at one another.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:01 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,808,422 times
Quote:
I am so glad I could be of service to get some blood pressures up! Not hard to do apparently for some people. Anyone read the headline today about the cop getting killed in south Fulton? Hmmm no not dangerous at all!
Of course one incident causes the entire area to be dangerous...there was a murder in Dunwoody recently too, but I don't see alarmists ranting about North Fulton being dangerous. I wonder why?

South Fulton County is a large area...just like any other area it has quiet/safe neighborhoods and it has neighborhoods where I wouldn't want to live. It just takes some looking into. It's silly for people to characterize the entire area as one way or another - but some still do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta