Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,244 times

Advertisements

Here is another great preschool. Intown Jewish Preschool. A very progressive philosophy and the most beautiful setting right near Piedmont Park. You will love it. [URL="http://www.intownjewishpreschool.org"]www.intownjewishpreschool.org[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 PM

32 posts, read 143,404 times
I liked First Pres. Pardon for the barge. If you are going to be in Druid Hills (did I read that right?) you should check out International Preschools (International Preschools: Growing the Future). This place is nothing short of amazing. I am going to the one in Buckhead which has a slightly different name but same curriculum (has flexible hours as well). I have never seen anything like this school and am really excited. Good luck! Would be happy to give you any info on the schools.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
How about Atlanta International or Holy Innocents and all those big church pre-schools?

Old 07-03-2010, 11:00 AM

32 posts, read 143,404 times
Internationalpreschools.com

Amazing program in Virginia Highlands. Opening one in Morningside (near Ansley - where the little Jumping Bean is) because they were running with 200 ppl on the waitlist. I am going to their Buckhead location next year (which is a full day as well as a preschool option).

It teaches to every type of learner and is spectacular. I like Montessori, Reggio and all of those preschool teaching methods but they were created a long time ago and most have not been updated for our changing times. Kids need to learn certain things before the age of five (new research - check out Nurture Shock and the Global Achievement Gap). IPS has an amazing curriculum that covers every style of learning. Art, music and gym every day because some kids learn through movement, some learn through art, some learn through music. Add in foreign languages and you build pathways in the brain that will stay with them later so that languages are easier to learn. The entire school is activity based rather than play based so the kids are doing things, learning things but it feels like they are having fun. Another benefit is that they provide lunch! No additional "lunch bunch". I just love it and shout it from the rooftops.

You are coming to the game a little late but sometimes there are openings. I highly recommend that you check out IPS as the new location was announced about 2 months ago. They are likely to have some space.

HA! I just realized I already wrote to you but thought I'd chime in again. I'm their biggest cheerleader. I also love a few other schools but we chose this one because of the languages and learning approach.

I don't know what we will do when we hit 1st grade though. Not happy with our elementary. I need advice on private and best public. I love Sarah Smith but we are not zoned for that one. Darn.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:21 PM

2 posts, read 8,017 times
Default preschool for children with special need

we are looking for a preschool in Buckhead, Decatur or Druidhills area which offers special education program. something state funded not privately held.
will appreciate the response.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:41 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,523,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl30326 View Post
we are looking for a preschool in Buckhead, Decatur or Druidhills area which offers special education program. something state funded not privately held.
There a few good schools for language based learning disabilities (dyslexia)...Schenck, Wardlaw School (see Atlanta Speech School). I think mostly they start in Kindergarten but I am not quite sure.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:41 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,656,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl30326 View Post
If you need state funded preschool, unless you qualify for Head Start, you will most likely need to contact your local school system. In which school system, do you live? Is you child 3 yet (or when will he/she turn three?

Old 07-10-2010, 09:40 PM

2 posts, read 8,017 times
we are looking for our new home to be in most likely North Druid Hills or Decatur area but before we make the move we want to make sure local school district offers head start. Yes my kid is 3 already and attending a pre-school that offers EIP (early intervention). Thanks for your replies.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:00 PM

5 posts, read 13,653 times
Oh, just head over to Epworth Day School in Candler Park, Atlanta's cutest historic neighborhood. The little preschool is in a historic church that sits directly across from the neighborhood park/playground/golf course. It's an old-fashioned little play-based preschool with a huge outdoor classroom. The preschool exists to help out the neighborhood and tuition averages ~$270 a month - you won't find that anywhere!! The teachers are like out of a dream - it is too cute for words and it is by far the friendliest, most open preschool in town. You will be immediate best friends with the director and the parents will make you part of their family right away. There is no elitism here and the tuition can only be described as 'friendly,' just like the people! I think it's Epworth Day School - Here we grow!, but you can search for it on google!

Old 03-30-2011, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,678 times
Hi. Does anyone have any advice/information about the Goddard school and the Suzuki schools? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: