Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2007, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,061 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am thinking of moving to Blue Springs Station in Kennesaw Ga.
Does anyone know if its an ok place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 08:45 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,681,860 times
I'm familiar with the neighborhood, a buddie's brother lives in there with his wife, and 3 daughters. It's supposed to be really nice for families and it actually falls right inside the new school district lines, for the new Allatoona High going in.

Swim/Tennis and it backs up to Corp property on Butler Creek. We've actually considered moving there. The lots are a little small for my taste but they do have plenty of mature trees and shrubs.

So while your 5 minutes from North Cobb, they'll go to Allatoona High, probably not a bad thing either.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:50 PM

77 posts, read 332,570 times
North Cobb High School is becoming as bad as South Cobb / Pebblebrook. There's a massive gang problem there and the school officer makes several arrests each week.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:35 AM

129 posts, read 659,528 times
we recently just moved to the kennesaw area in west cobb, we also looked in Blue springs really liked the area and house. Until I did a quick search for registered sex offenders and found one living right down the street from where we looked. So for us we looked else where. I know that they can be living anywhere but it is one thing when you know for sure that there is one on your block ahead of time! I guess some would view that as good, b/c at least you know, but for us and having 3 small kids there is noway!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:23 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm3 View Post
we recently just moved to the kennesaw area in west cobb, we also looked in Blue springs really liked the area and house. Until I did a quick search for registered sex offenders and found one living right down the street from where we looked. So for us we looked else where. I know that they can be living anywhere but it is one thing when you know for sure that there is one on your block ahead of time! I guess some would view that as good, b/c at least you know, but for us and having 3 small kids there is noway!
Yeah, but if you look at how many sex offenders are on the site, plus, take into account there are probably 3 times the number of them that haven't even been caught yet out there (or more), then you'd have to move to a 200 acre private estate to get away from them all. Your best defense is to simply instill in your kids not to talk to and especially not to go away with any strangers - even neighbors.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:36 PM

129 posts, read 659,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Yeah, but if you look at how many sex offenders are on the site, plus, take into account there are probably 3 times the number of them that haven't even been caught yet out there (or more), then you'd have to move to a 200 acre private estate to get away from them all. Your best defense is to simply instill in your kids not to talk to and especially not to go away with any strangers - even neighbors.
Yes, I know all that to be true, but like I said it is one thing to already know ahead of time! We just couldnt move somewhere already knowing that there WAS FOR SURE a registered offender!
I am sorry but ask ANY mom and Noone would want that as there neighbor! but to each their own.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:07 PM

8 posts, read 27,456 times
Wow, 4 years later I searched Google for Kennesaw Sex Offenders and found this link. I wanted to add that Sex Offenders cannot live near certain places. Like where kids will be congregating like school, bus stops, day cares, etc. So if you do find out one lives nearby, all you have to do is contact local law enforcement and wage a campaign with other neighbors that you won't tolerate them flexing on the law. I've found from experience that trying to get one removed is difficult if you don't let the government officials know you mean business. This is especially effective during an election year. Sometimes they just let "sleeping dogs lie" until someone pushed them. That's sad, but at least they passed the laws to help our kids be safer.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:11 PM

Location: Wilmington, NC for now... By summer of 2011? Cobb County?
63 posts, read 205,661 times
So, to reask the question: how is the Blue Springs Station area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: