Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 04:38 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times

Advertisements

Before anyone ask, yes I did use the thesaurus. I have been holding back forever but I want to pull out this 09-10 schedule and see what the transplants and natives think. (Mods, can this stay in the ATL forum because it'll die in the gen football forum?)

Atlanta Falcons 2009-2010 Regular Season Schedule.
Sep 13th Miami 1:00pm
Sep 20th Carolina 1:00pm
Sep 27th @New England 1:00pm
BYE
Oct 11th @San Francisco 4:05pm
Oct 18th Chicago 8:20pm
Oct 25th @Dallas 4:15pm
Nov 2nd @Nawlins 8:30pm
Nov 8th Washington 1:00pm
Nov 15th @Carolina 1:00pm
Nov 22nd @NY Giants 1:00pm
Nov 29th Tampa 1:00pm
Dec 6th Philadelphia 1:00pm
Dec 13th Nawlins 1:00pm
Dec 20th @NY Jets 1:00pm
Dec 27th Buffalo 1:00pm
Jan 3rd @Tampa 1:00pm

Man, that's tough but I think ATL will make the post-season again. On paper there isn't an automatic loss on this schedule but there aren't any automatic wins either. The only thing that I hate is the BYE being a little early. I think it's safe to say that there are some NFC East and AFC East people along with the NFC South villians (ATL's the good guys of the South).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 05:34 PM

Atlanta Falcons 2009-2010 Regular Season Schedule.
Sep 13th Miami 1:00pm W
Sep 20th Carolina 1:00pm W
Sep 27th @New England 1:00pm L
BYE
Oct 11th @San Francisco 4:05pm W
Oct 18th Chicago 8:20pm toss up I think a W
Oct 25th @Dallas 4:15pm toss up potential L
Nov 2nd @Nawlins 8:30pm L
Nov 8th Washington 1:00pm W
Nov 15th @Carolina 1:00pm L
Nov 22nd @NY Giants 1:00pm L
Nov 29th Tampa 1:00pm W
Dec 6th Philadelphia 1:00pm W
Dec 13th Nawlins 1:00pm W
Dec 20th @NY Jets 1:00pm W
Dec 27th Buffalo 1:00pm W
Jan 3rd @Tampa 1:00pm W

Basically I think Atlanta will go 10-6 and come in second place in the South.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 AM

750 posts, read 2,275,970 times
When this came out I think it was ESPN saying that the Falcons have the 4th toughest schedule in the NFL this year. But you never know someone gets hurt or outside incident and their team is dead for the year. Regardless I plan like always to watch their every game, maybe even go to one. . I'm a little bit uncomfortable by some of the players they let go but I still have to have faith.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:29 PM

Lost linebacker Brooking but they say Mike Peterson is similar to Keith
Lost D Tackle Grady Jackson but drafted Peria Jerry (he should play more).
Lost LB Boley I read that Stephen Nicholas will takeover Boley's spot.
Lost DB Foxworth and I don't know who they'll plug in.
Lost Safety Lawyer Miloy who has more knowledge of the game than William Moore but we'll see what's up.

I feel that this offense will jump on teams early and that will change how we play defense.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Lost linebacker Brooking but they say Mike Peterson is similar to Keith
Lost D Tackle Grady Jackson but drafted Peria Jerry (he should play more).
Lost LB Boley I read that Stephen Nicholas will takeover Boley's spot.
Lost DB Foxworth and I don't know who they'll plug in.
Lost Safety Lawyer Miloy who has more knowledge of the game than William Moore but we'll see what's up.

I feel that this offense will jump on teams early and that will change how we play defense.

Yeah I liked Brooking I didn't want to see him go he was a staple on the Falcons and I had a small connection with him. (he was a childhood pal to my ex and would give us 5th row 50 yard line seats to games) and he was a good player. Boley and Foxworth I wanted to stay also. But I'm excited about Tony Gonzalez and I believe Dimitroff knows what he's doing. Now if they would just drop the price of the tickets down a little bit I could afford to go to more games.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 AM

293 posts, read 1,106,416 times
Yeah, my dad and I were talking about their schedule and it is DEFINITELY a toughy. However, as a faithful Atlanta fan, I will give them a 10-6 record, or maybe even 9-7. They definitely have my support!

Old 05-19-2009, 04:53 PM

I refuse to let this thread die. Here's a story from ESPN: Ryan has made Falcons forget about Vick. I agree. SA Peach, Atlanta has to be a preseason favorite to come out of the NFC, what do you think?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:49 PM

I'm pumped also. I listened to him (Ryan) this morning on the radio and him talking about Gonzalez and how well they are working to out together, it's got me even more excited. It really is amazing how well he's done in one year, I about jumped through the roof when he threw a touchdown his first pass in the NFL last year. And the Turner and Norwood combo, they are both awesome. Hopefully Jamal Anderson can step it up a little bit, he didn't have alot of impact last year but he did play. Anway I'm rambling, I just don't really like any other sports as much as football and the Falcons, lol.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:59 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
Quote:
I refuse to let this thread die. Here's a story from ESPN: Ryan has made Falcons forget about Vick. I agree. SA Peach, Atlanta has to be a preseason favorite to come out of the NFC, what do you think?
I personally hope that Michael Vick finds his way with a new team. The Falcons as they had existed at the time before his incarceration just wasn't design around a man with his unique talents. Also he was pretty much undermined from the beginning anyways, because of the way he snub his nose at the suburbanites & rural bumpkins. Just my two cents on the matter anyways...

Old 05-20-2009, 12:06 PM

293 posts, read 1,106,416 times
Quote:
Well, I just think about how they were during the pre-season last year, finishing with a 50/50 record, people were sort of doubting them then, until they pulled the miraculous season they did, even going to the playoffs. So to me, the preseason really doesn't determine if they'll be a favorite, it's a good preview of what's to come, but the crazy thing about the Atlanta Falcons is with them, from season to season, you just never know what you'll get .

I do, however, think they will get farther along with Matt Ryan than with Mike Vick. No hating on Vick, but, Matt Ryan actually knows how to utilize his receivers, follow through with plays and memorize plays, and those acts win ball games. I mean, Roddy White was there all along; the receivers were dropping balls because they were not used to GETTING it. There's only so much rushing you can do as a quarter back; you've got to be good at both and to me, Ryan is good at both and has a LOT of room to grow, considering his start as a rookie, which was excellent to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta