Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,059 times

Advertisements

I've seen some really cute houses on Wylie St. in Reynoldstown, but I'm a bit concerned by the location. Some are just a block or two off Moreland. I would imagine crime would be worse the closer you are to Moreland. Also, how are the elementary schools in this area? Any insights from any Reynoldstown about their neighborhood would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 12:33 AM

16 posts, read 43,882 times
interesting question... wish there were some answers

Old 07-03-2011, 12:15 PM

39 posts, read 69,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candylish View Post
I've seen some really cute houses on Wylie St. in Reynoldstown, but I'm a bit concerned by the location. Some are just a block or two off Moreland. I would imagine crime would be worse the closer you are to Moreland. Also, how are the elementary schools in this area? Any insights from any Reynoldstown about their neighborhood would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Schools are awful, crime is extremely high. Actually, no one really knows what the schools are like except those investigators who handed their report to the Gov.

I'm guessing though that small stuff such as that doesn't matter to a person considering the "ATL". holla!

Old 07-03-2011, 12:54 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,025,336 times
Thanks for a worthless post. I don't think the OP is interested in someone who hates intown Atlanta period. Hopefully some person who actually lives in Atlanta and knows about the neighborhood will comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl4lyfe View Post
Schools are awful, crime is extremely high. Actually, no one really knows what the schools are like except those investigators who handed their report to the Gov.

I'm guessing though that small stuff such as that doesn't matter to a person considering the "ATL". holla!

Old 07-03-2011, 01:08 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,212,904 times
Well Said, Noah. However, what else would you expect from someone who signs off by using the word "Holla"... :-)

Old 07-03-2011, 01:23 PM

31,994 posts, read 36,533,320 times
I'd like to hear more about Reynoldstown. One of our kids lived there about 10 years ago and they liked it but did have some issues with theft. I'm assuming things are much improved -- what's the latest?

Old 07-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
Thanks for a worthless post. I don't think the OP is interested in someone who hates intown Atlanta period. Hopefully some person who actually lives in Atlanta and knows about the neighborhood will comment.
Are you saying pointing out the APS is under investigation and possible criminal charges look likely to filed, plus lose accreditation with the body which sanctions schools in the Southeast, is something only people who hate Atlanta bring up when someone asks about Atlanta schools???

Doesn't take an expert to know Reynoldstown is moot point to ask about schools.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris View Post
Well Said, Noah. However, what else would you expect from someone who signs off by using the word "Holla"... :-)
Lynn, will you post an article about APS and the cheating report from the Governor this week? Or is that "hateful" to the intown city-data regulars? Peace.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:40 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,512,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'd like to hear more about Reynoldstown. One of our kids lived there about 10 years ago and they liked it but did have some issues with theft. I'm assuming things are much improved -- what's the latest?

Reynoldstown is still rough around the edges. The closer you get to Moreland to sketchier it becomes. That also goes for what's technically Edgewood across Moreland from R'town.

I think it has been improving over the years in fits and starts so to speak. The new Texaco seems to bring a bit more life to it but the Goodfellas Pizza place closed a couple months ago(I'd venture to say it was as much because of crappy food as anything to do with the neighborhood).

They are building a car wash(extremely bad idea imho) across from the Texaco/liquor store. I have really no idea which direction the neighborhood is going honestly. I'd be more likely to bet on it improving but it still has some issues to address(rampant loitering, for one).

Old 07-03-2011, 04:04 PM

31,994 posts, read 36,533,320 times
Thanks, DTL. It's a cute little neighborhood in a good location and I hope it continues to get better. The Beltline ought to give it a boost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta