Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 PM

270 posts, read 968,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1 View Post
The publix on the first floor would be excellent though.
That is ironic that you mention having a Publix. That is one of the reasons we ended up buying in Plaza Midtown - they have a Publix on the 1st floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 01:03 PM
mb1 mb1 started this thread

14 posts, read 42,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srnyong View Post
That is ironic that you mention having a Publix. That is one of the reasons we ended up buying in Plaza Midtown - they have a Publix on the 1st floor.
I meant on the first floor of the Allen Plaza, but yes, Plaza is great.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:56 AM
OO7

21 posts, read 36,985 times
Yes, TWELVE does have mixers for its residents (about once a quarter). HOA meetings used to be every month, but I think now they're going to be every other month.
Security-wise, it's pretty good. We hire off-duty Atlanta police officers to patrol the building every night. And guests must first talk to the concierge to be let into the building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaebap View Post
That is so reassuring, my husband and I will be there by the end of the year and are very excited about the building and the community, I have a question for you, Are there any mixers for the building, you know so we can get to know the neighbors, also how is Twelve security wise?you have no idea I'm so happy to see someone who actually lives there.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:02 AM
OO7

We (TWELVE Centennial Park) had to raise our HOA fees by 4% since first opening. This includes accounting for the reserve fund. Because of our sheer scale and volume, we still only pay about 31 cents per sq. ft. which is much more efficient than most of the condo buildings in the city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1 View Post
Thanks for the HOA heads up. I'll be watchful of that. I am getting a great price on a foreclosed 1 bedroom. And yes, those go really quickly. I'm keeping an eye on Allen Plaza, but I am not relying on it to justify my purchase. The publix on the first floor would be excellent though.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:42 PM

34 posts, read 86,190 times
thanks 007 for all of your input.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,164 times
DO NOT BUY A NOVARE PROPERTY....Borders is in debt up to his eyebrows, cut corners everywhere, and cheaped out on the building. It is disgraceful this company is allowed to continue to sell....if you don't believe me, just go ask the "owners" at Metropolis, Spire, Eclipse, Realm, Viewpoint....not to mention the completely finished with no sales, Atlantic!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:12 PM

17 posts, read 93,609 times
I don't think your correlation to debt and cutting corners is accurate. The Eclipse, Metropolis, Spire and Realm were all finished far before debt became an issue and I know plenty of residents in all four buildings that are very happy.

From what I can tell, the quality of life all comes down to the company actually managing the building.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,984 times
Anyone know if there's a good diversity of ages in Twelve Centennial Park condos? I'm thinking about buying a unit there. I know a good deal about the building, Novare, amenties, etc... I'm just wondering if the building is all 20/30 year olds. I'm 42, work downtown for 6 years, live at Piedmont and 5th for 6 years. I don't mind a younger crowd... but wonder if there are other older professionals living there. Any comments would be appreciated.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM
OO7

As a resident, I can tell you that it is NOT all 20 and 30 somethings. I'd say all age groups are well-represented.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:32 AM
OO7

I'd like to add a caveat for anyone looking to buy into TWELVE Centennial Park, which I'm a resident of. I don't know this is normal behavior for HOA boards still under developer control, but the HOA board has been unresponsive in open record requests for meeting minutes, budget information, etc. And we STILL have utility metering inaccuracies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta