Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:23 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,511,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
They are coming to Atlanta to experience Korean culture..."I want to get the full effect of the Korean community".

Sorry, but I don't think that the Perimeter area is a good suggestion to experience Atlanta's Korean culture.
Perhaps you have another suggestion for the OP.

The Perimeter area is close to Doraville and safe. I couldn't recommend another area between Doraville and Duluth to anyone looking for lodging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 08:24 AM

288 posts, read 960,196 times
You maybe best just heading to San Francisco, or better yet, jet on over to Korea for the full effect lol!

Old 02-18-2010, 08:32 AM

600 posts, read 1,610,506 times
I work near Buford Highway and always felt that it's more Mexican than Korean . Plus it's ghetto as hell LOL. I'd definitely go for Duluth. Check out the H Mart, it's pretty cool. Or Farmer's Market on Buford Hwy.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:36 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,830,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Perhaps you have another suggestion for the OP.

The Perimeter area is close to Doraville and safe. I couldn't recommend another area between Doraville and Duluth to anyone looking for lodging.
How about DORAVILLE or DULUTH?

I don't see any reason to suggest another area of Atlanta besides the ones the OP is interested in...just sayin'.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
How about DORAVILLE or DULUTH?

I don't see any reason to suggest another area of Atlanta besides the ones the OP is interested in...just sayin'.
I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending either area. That's just my opinion.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:46 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,977,981 times
I would recommend Duluth. I believe it does have a larger Korean population. Also, there are many many hotels around Gwinnett Place, most of them are quite nice. Probably the nicest would be Gwinnett Mariott Atlanta Marriott Gwinnett Place: Duluth Hotels: Hotel rooms in Atlanta area, but there are many other hotels in the immediate area. As far as attractions, I'm not really sure what there is. There are some awesome Korean karaoke bars, haha. Also, Doraville is only about 15-20 minutes away. Good Luck!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:10 AM

8 posts, read 18,079 times
Well, I am orginally from Korea. Adopted. My parents did not raise me to embrass my Korean culture. I then married Caucasian woman. I know nothing about the Korean culture. Now that I have children, I think about it more and more. I just can't afford to pay for a trip to Korea. So a Korean lady from my home town told me that Atlanta has a significant growing Korean community. I would like to check it out for my kids and for myself.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btodde View Post
Well, I am orginally from Korea. Adopted. My parents did not raise me to embrass my Korean culture. I then married Caucasian woman. I know nothing about the Korean culture. Now that I have children, I think about it more and more. I just can't afford to pay for a trip to Korea. So a Korean lady from my home town told me that Atlanta has a significant growing Korean community. I would like to check it out for my kids and for myself.
Here's a previous thread with FYI on the Pleasant Hill Rd/Duluth area>>>
M Marketplace at Gwinnett Place Mall (MEGA MART): Take a Look!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:26 AM

8 posts, read 18,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Here's a previous thread with FYI on the Pleasant Hill Rd/Duluth area>>>
M Marketplace at Gwinnett Place Mall (MEGA MART): Take a Look!

Awesome!!!! Thank you TakeAhike!!!!!

I will be either tweeting my trip to Duluth/Doraville area or facebooking it. It will be interesting.

Trying to tag a pic of my family on here but no image shows up.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:59 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,323,708 times
Duluth / Suwanee: several Korean churches, Korean supermarkets (Assi market in Suwanee and Pleasant Hill Rd, several Super H Mart), lot of Korean community. Suburban feel. Northern suburbs.

Buford Hwy / Doraville: more urban feel, lot of Oriental businesses on Buford Hwy. Probably Korean community there. Inside the 285 loop.

Norcross is right inbetween these two areas, so if you stay there you should be covered. There is a wide range of hotels (hilton included) in Norcross. Perimeter (which some one else mentioned) is also a good in-between location, but Norcross is better for this purpose.

It might be worth your time and money if you are not traveling super-long distance to come here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta