Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2010, 11:46 AM

5 posts, read 32,162 times

Advertisements

Hi ,

I am planning to move to Alpharetta from Edison , NJ .And this forum looks very helpful.

1. Budget for Housing - 1250 - 1500 (including utilities , heat and hotwater)
2. House/Condo/Townhome? - A 2/3bed apt
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) - Work from Home mostly
4. Children(public school vs. private) - Public Elementary Schools (2nd and first grade , boys)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two - Suburban
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? - Not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood - Nearer to indian grocerries and community .

8. Airport access, important or not? - Important

Priorities are good public schools.

It would be great if some one suggest a good apartment communities . I am planning to move in during July 1st week.

Thanks in advance !!

-Kiran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 10:54 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,317,437 times
If you map the following on Google maps:
old milton pkwy, alpharetta, ga
there are several apartments especially in the segment between Northpoint Pkwy and Kimball Bridge.

Not sure what the names of these apartment complexes are - but some of the apartment communities that come to my mind are -- Amli, ... Just look up apartment communities in Atlanta, and see if you can find one that has a location in the area I mentioned (the zipcode is 30022).

Schools are all good in Alpharetta, and there is a lot of diversity (including Indian). Since you need access to airport - Alpharetta is not that close to the airport, but may be if you live close to GA 400, you might be able to get to the MARTA line that can take you to the airport.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:20 PM

205 posts, read 692,913 times
We have friends that attend Creek View Elementary, and while they are not Indian, they have indicated that there is a good Indian base there. They are renting a 2 br apt. at Cypress Point. They seem happy there, but the reviews online do not look that great, so perhaps you can find something you would like better.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:22 PM

Thanks a lot for your inputs .

I am looking at school ratings at SchoolDigger.com and Greatschools.net . Fulton and Forsyth county public schools seems good as per the reviews.

And i am also considering Suwanee also . Appreciate if you can shed some light about life in Suwanee.

I don't mind driving to airport weekly once , if at all i am going to onsite.

Any parent's feedback about JEI learning center or in Aloha in Alpharetta / Suwanee would be helpful to me as my children are attending the same tution centers here in Edison.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:29 AM

Thanks for all your help . I got an apartment in Century State Bridge , which covers ocee elem. School

Old 09-27-2010, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,829 times
Default moving to alpharetta

hi kiran....
how r u finding alpharetta and the state bridge...i am moving to alpharetta soon...please suggest some gud apartments in alpharetta with indian community base and with gud school as i am a stay at home mom of a 5 yr old your help would be appreciated.....

thanks
Ruchi

Old 09-27-2010, 04:13 PM

Hi Ruchi,

I have moved in 3 months back and finding every think ok
So far. It seems most of the apartments has Indian community
Century state bridge is in right location and has Indian families.

I like Ocee school .please let me know if you have any specific
Questions.

Kiran

Old 01-28-2012, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranm View Post
Hi Ruchi,

I have moved in 3 months back and finding every think ok
So far. It seems most of the apartments has Indian community
Century state bridge is in right location and has Indian families.

I like Ocee school .please let me know if you have any specific
Questions.

Kiran
Hi Kiran

I am planning to move to century. Apts, do they have referral , of so can u refer me , do that we can share the amount

Thanks
Ravi

Old 01-28-2012, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,019 times
Hi Ravi ,

Sent you a direct message with details ..

Regds
Kiran

Old 10-18-2016, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 866 times
HI All,
we are currently residing in seattle,
In December..We are moving to Alpharetta...We are Looking for 1bhk....we have one kid also...So kindly Suggest us a good communities...around to travel 15 miles...
If any possible south indians(telugu)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta