Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM

75 posts, read 553,776 times

Advertisements

I have termites swarming around im my apartment. They have been here about 10 days. For 3 days I could not eat or drink in the apartment because they were swarming around so bad...falling everywhere. The exterminator has been out twice and is currently on his way again. When he was out last week...he cut a hole in the wall and exterminated and covered the 4 inch whole with a vent cover. It has been cool for the last few days so I didn't see any...the exterminator warned me that it might take a couple of weeks before they completely go away. Okay. It is 65 degrees today and they are swarming all over the place...all over me...everywhere! Arrrghhhhh! Now that they are able to come in thru the whole in the wall they are coming in at an alarming rate. What I want to know is...can the apartment management compensate me for this. For about 4 days I was unable to eat in the apartment because they were dropping out of thin air and I just could not eat because I was afraid to eat for fear that I might eat some of them. I would like to be compensated for the money I had to spend to eat out. Is this possible? I would like something for the aggravation and inconvenience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 04:02 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,389,507 times
Is apartment management paying for the exterminator? See if you can get a discount on the next month's rent. The termites are the building owners responsiblity and they should fix the problem or help you move into another unit.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:34 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,538,018 times
Wow....what a nightmare. As some may have noted, I have this obsessive fear of termites and have done a lot of research on them. This all started one day when I, too, found mud spots on the wall in my closet in the apartment I was living in. In that case, the apartment management treated the infestation and offered to move me to another unit (I had also had a foundation leak) free of charge and paid for the movers. It all depends on how good your apartment complex is about these things...given the competition to lure tenants currently and lowering prices, I would think you have some leverage here.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:03 AM

1 posts, read 9,626 times
I have flying termites...the landlord allows a free move to another unit since I am within my first 30 days. Would it be better to move to another apartment in the building that may develop the same problem, or live here after I know it has been treated in this unit? Thanks!

Old 06-14-2010, 09:26 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,375,025 times
We don't have flying termites in GA.. are you sure? Could be migrating ants.. forgot the species

Old 06-25-2010, 10:17 AM

75 posts, read 553,776 times
Yes they do fly...and the wings fall off...then they die. They were tumbling out of my vent like crazy. But the problem has been treated and everything is fine for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta