Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 04:01 PM

59 posts, read 360,112 times

Advertisements

What cable companies are available in Atlanta. I know about comcast and bell south. Are there any more? What does everyone recomend? All I need is ESPN, SPEED, Fox soccer network, and high speed internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 04:41 PM

114 posts, read 618,401 times
I'm not in Atlanta, but, if they have Knology, I would recommend it. I've had very little problem with them. Unfortunately, you will probably have to get a premium account to get Fox Soccer Channel. I wanted it, but I was unwilling to pay for that package (it actually wasn't that much more than what I'm paying, but you have to cut off somewhere ).

Old 06-07-2007, 08:41 AM

62 posts, read 436,336 times
It really depends where you end up. Most markets have a dedicated provider. Mostly Charter or Comcast in metro Atlanta. You'll find all of your requirements with any given provider...but you may not like the price, however.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:58 AM

826 posts, read 3,120,715 times
Get Direct TV. We had them when we first moved here and loved them. We switched to comcast because of the bundle they offer. Biggest mistake ever. Their phone service sucks, DVR messes up all the time, and there are not as many channels. Did I mention their customer service sucks?

Old 06-07-2007, 10:12 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgreer17 View Post
What cable companies are available in Atlanta. I know about comcast and bell south. Are there any more? What does everyone recomend? All I need is ESPN, SPEED, Fox soccer network, and high speed internet.
We had Charter when we lived in a rental house in southern Smyrna, and I was *VERY* impressed with their field techs (the house we lived in was older and the cable had been wired by someone who was either on drugs or owned a lot of shares in cable-splitter manufacturering companies). They ran a new cable around the the house to the bedroom containing my cable modem with no questions asked.

Now, in Mableton, we have Comcast, and I've been fairly happy with them also. The original cable from the street to the house went all the way around the house rather than under the driveway, and there was also a splice in the middle somewhere. They ran a direct line w/o charge, and that made my cablemodem a LOT happier! ;-)

Old 06-07-2007, 10:19 AM

62 posts, read 436,336 times
I'm quite the opposite with rcsteiner.

The Charter techs I had in Smyrna we're contractors that made you feel like you needed to lock your door that night. They we're eager to replace things, like the cable you mentioned, because they got paid extra for it by Charter. My techie even did me the favor of nailing a ground wire half way across the house destroying the trim of my garage. Very impressive...

Old 06-07-2007, 06:26 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,508 times
Direct Tv is good....Comcast sucks they have terrible customer service! They tried to send me to collection for money I did not owe. I called to cancel but they did not have a record of that call So where was my proof-according to them I did not have proof therefore I owed all this money....idiots

I do not recommend Comcast (my next door neighbor also had problems with them)

Old 06-08-2007, 03:11 PM

133 posts, read 504,676 times
Comcast is completely, unrepentantly and seriously HORRIBLE. To say that their customer service sucks is an absolute understatement. You will have a problem with their phone service and they will tell you that they are coming all week long and never show up. Then you will have cable service issues and they will tell you all week long that a tech is coming---as a matter of fact, a tech will phone you and say he will arrive in about 20 minutes and never show up.

I have NEVER experienced such incompetence in all of my life. I now have Direct tv coordinated with Bell South's bundle package and I haven't had an issue yet.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:04 AM

70 posts, read 295,853 times
Ordered comcast when I first arrived in Ga and it has been the pits.They change channels without telling you the whole lineup has changed. When you call customer service they dont have a clue that anything was changed.
they stop allowing fit tv and when u call they say they changed it to a digital channel and u cant receive it any longer? Directv is the best, just watch out for the installer, they are contractors who think putting the cable in the wall is a custom job.they will try to punch a hole in the side of your house and shove the cables in that way,DONT ALLOW IT. I have been installing cables for 30 yrs. It's easier to get them inside the wall. They are all full of it

Old 05-28-2009, 08:31 PM

7 posts, read 42,649 times
Like Whoa!! Thanks for the heads-up on Comcast!! Will make sure AVOID THEM when I get to 'The Peach State" :0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: