Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:22 AM

42 posts, read 176,759 times

Advertisements

I need some ideas besides going to the park to keep a 2 year old and a 9 year old busy during spring break next week. We are in the Atlanta area...any suggestions of activities, places to go. I don't want the oldest playing Wii, Playstation and watching cartoons all day. I plan on taking them to the park but what else can I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 07:16 PM

98 posts, read 205,107 times
the world of Coca-Cola
Stone Mountain
Six Flags over Georgia (highly reccomended)
Georgia Aquarium

Old 04-04-2010, 07:20 PM

205 posts, read 692,739 times
Are you only looking for things to do for free, or are you willing to spend money?

Here is a link to some special offers at local Atlanta Attractions.

Spring Break | Atlanta Bargain Hunter

Also, some places have Spring Break camps offered. I plan on signing up my children for 2 -3 days of Gymnastics at a local fitness center.

Good luck filling your time.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:19 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Zoo Atlanta: Welcome to Zoo Atlanta

And if they get on your nerves too bad, they probably have a natural habitat area there that you can leave them in for the rest of the break, too.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:25 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,369,560 times
Didn't mention where you were or how much money you were willing to spend. But here are some ideas:

Sawnee Mountain - Home Page (free, altho it may be too much of a hike for a 2-year-old)

Atlanta's Best Miniature Petting Zoo - Tanglewood Farm, Canton, Georgia

The Yellow River Game Ranch in Lilburn, Georgia

Wild Animal Safari

Too bad the Renaissance Festival isn't open yet. It's great weather for it.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:27 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,369,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuk1219 View Post
Six Flags over Georgia (highly reccomended)
is going to be packed during spring break. And possibly miserable besides.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:54 AM

285 posts, read 876,202 times
Fernbank
Center for Puppetry Arts_Home

Old 04-05-2010, 12:06 PM

16 posts, read 85,121 times
Tellus Science Museum in Cartersville

Old 04-05-2010, 02:12 PM

473 posts, read 714,472 times
i have five kids with 8 years from youngest to oldest, it was always hardest to get something that the youngest could do that the oldest would still like.
the first thing i found was that you dont have to spend money to make kids happy, as a matter of fact, the most fun we have is when we spend very little, which is a good thing because we live in a very rural area. if we had to depend on going places to have fun together we would rarely have fun.
family fun magazine (they have a website) has great ideas, activities, crafts.
game night, movie night, flying a kite, scavenger hunts, making tent forts in the living room, cooking together, there are so many things that you can do. my kids always loved it when i was learning something for the first time with them, like rollerblading or skating.
and the thing i think most parents overlook that is probably the easiest, is to ask your kids what they want to do. i have one kid who always answers 'i dont know' and another who wants to go skydiving or something equally ridiculous, but somewhere in there is something you can do.
i have always looked forward to weekends and vacations because there are so many things i like doing with my kids, even now that they are older. the things that my kids tell me they liked best were the ones where we spent time interacting together rather than when they felt they were being entertained by someone/something else.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:04 PM

42 posts, read 176,759 times
Great suggestions!!! I think I"ll have plenty for them to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta