Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 20,289 times

Advertisements

My daughter was accepted to the pre-first program at Pace Academy and St. Benedicts and the Kindergarten program at Westminster. She was waitlisted at Trinity. We think that all the schools are great and are honored to have received acceptance letters. The hard part is making the decision. Most people who we speak with are encouraging us to strongly consider Westminster as it has a solid reputation and it is very tough to even get in. We liked the nurturing environment and small school feel of Pace and St. Benedicts. I was just wondering if the folks on this blog can share there experiences in the Pre-1st/Kindergarten programs at these schools. Many Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 11:04 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,858,568 times
Where is St. Benedict's? I've never heard of that, and I'm an Atlanta native.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:32 AM

115 posts, read 424,151 times
St. Benedict's is a different kind of school. I think that's your first choice...do you want the neighborhood religious school or Pace/Westminster?

As for Pace v. Westminster, both are great schools. If academics and extracurriculars are #1, Westminster. If a smaller, more nurturing school and non-religious atmosphere are #1, Pace. But really, those are generalizations. No school is so easily defined. I would go with where you felt comfortable.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 20,289 times
Thanks for your feedback. St. Benedict's Episcopal Day School is a new school in Smyrna. It is small but seem like it has strong academics and a nurturing enviornment. It also offers a lot in terms of languages and a global perspective. The staff and student body is also diverse in terms of religion, ethnicity, race and language fluency.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 PM

2 posts, read 11,386 times
Let me know what you decide. We will be applying to both Pace and Westminster for Fall 2011. We have toured both schools and love both for different reasons. I, also, live in Smyrna and am familiar with St. Benedict's. One of my concerns with St. Benedicts is that it's a short term school. What do you do after 5th grade; apply again to Pace and Westminster? Will they get in in 6th grade? Yikes!

Old 02-05-2011, 08:58 PM

4 posts, read 31,615 times
To be totally honest, it's not fair to compare Westminster and Woodward. It's really easy to generalize and say, "oh, they're both good schools" or "either one is really good." But Westminster is one of the top schools in the country: it has the largest endowment for a non-boarding school in the country, its SAT scores are as good as any prep schoo, and its facilities are phenomenal. Woodward objectively does not compare, even though it is one of the best schools in Atlanta.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 AM

125 posts, read 232,930 times
Default St. Benedict's

Is anyone here familiar with St. Benedict's Episcopal Day School in Smyrna?

Old 01-26-2012, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 7,658 times
My daughter's in her second year at St. Benedict's. She started in Kindergarten and LOVES it! We were accepted to Whitefield, Lovett, Pace, and waitlisted at Trinity. Chose St. B's for a number of reasons, including location and size. So far, her experience has been phenomenal. Teachers are great and the small school/community feel is wonderful. Just received notice that they've been granted the approval to add a middle school, so that placed our "what next" fears to rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: