Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 12:47 PM

47 posts, read 110,136 times

Advertisements

When renting in the Atlanta area, what utilities are not included in the rent? I know cable, phone, internet will not be. But where I will be moving from, renting always includes heat and hot water, but not electric. Is this the same in Atlanta? Also, anyone have estimated utility costs when renting a 2 bedroom @1000 sq ft?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 12:55 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,400,161 times
I suggest you contact Pro Move, an apt locator service in metro Atlanta.

The utilities included or not included will vary with each property.
The 'total electric' apts generated some hefty bills. Location of the apt, construction of the apt and numerous other factors can contribute to higher or lower utility bills.

An upper level apt which receives a lot of direct sunlight can be ovenlike during the summer.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:59 PM

47 posts, read 110,136 times
Thanks! I plan to contact pro move when it gets closer to our move date. We still have some time to go. Im just researching now to get ideas on what my expectations should be.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:04 PM

197 posts, read 513,805 times
Yeah, I have to agree that it's really going to vary. When I first moved here I actually did rent a place that included full cable tv as part of the rent. In general though you will have your water/sewer/garbage pick up included in your rent but electricity/heat/air conditioning/hot water/telephone/cable tv will be your responsibility. But, you may very well find places that will include the cable tv, hot water etc.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:27 AM

475 posts, read 1,365,148 times
You are going to be responsible for all water, gas and electric at least in the burbs and normally anywhere described as an "apartment home" and you will find places on a system where you don't even have your own water usage bill but 5% of the complex's hotwater. Georgia passed a bill a while ago, to allow landlords to overcharge in the name of "conservation". You will also be paying a 3rd party for water that can add fees---like $10 on a $30 bill and sewer and water will be separate and normally for sewer, they just double your cold water. This may be different in the city of ATL, not sure on that. Just keep in mind when looking at rent that it may not always be as much of a bargain as it might seem. Furthermore, utilities can be tied to lease agreements and you are not allowed to fall behind on them or the place can take away your "incentive" agreements or charge you for not keeping current.

Last edited by peet111; 04-19-2010 at 10:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta