Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 5,352 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to Peachtree City- Have loved it there for a long time, now finally have the opportunity- a few questions, I am single mom, we homeschool (elementary) and will need a part time job. A few questions? Is it safe? any Homeschool population? Nice, safe clean apartments? Can we get by with Golf Cart year round? I remember seeing a apartments near The Kroger in Kendron- I think. Ay advice or info would be so appreciated. I am basically starting over fresh and this will be a new lifestyle and huge change for me and my kids-we are coming from a home in Central Florida and do not know a sole. Thanks in advance!!!!-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 08:47 AM

255 posts, read 464,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmum View Post
I am considering a move to Peachtree City- Have loved it there for a long time, now finally have the opportunity- a few questions, I am single mom, we homeschool (elementary) and will need a part time job. A few questions? Is it safe? any Homeschool population? Nice, safe clean apartments? Can we get by with Golf Cart year round? I remember seeing a apartments near The Kroger in Kendron- I think. Ay advice or info would be so appreciated. I am basically starting over fresh and this will be a new lifestyle and huge change for me and my kids-we are coming from a home in Central Florida and do not know a sole. Thanks in advance!!!!-
I'm not really sure what you mean by some of your questions.

"Is it safe?" Is what safe? Peachtree City? Yes, very.

Can you get by with a golf cart year round? Depends on how weather tolerant you are. Atlanta has seen temperatures as low as zero (although that's extremely rare). But you can certainly count on the 20's. Golf carts have canvas doors but no heat. I think the question should be, can you get by without a car and only a golf cart, and the answer would be probably not.

Fayetteville is very close to Peachtree City and the job market for part-time jobs is probably as good there as anywhere else.

Can't tell you much about the home school population. My son is 30 so it's been awhile since that was a concern of mine. However, I do know that Fayette County schools are pretty good.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:48 AM

3 posts, read 7,600 times
Great place to live. Friendly people. Golf cart can get you just about anywhere you need to go. Year round? Hmmm, coming from Florida myself, I don't think you'll want to be on a golf cart here when it gets down below 40-45 degree level. Not much snow, but cold is cold . Beautiful place to live. My family moved here from South Florida. As far as safety, compared to S. Florida, this is like heaven. You have the rare incident, but for the most part you always feel safe when you're out and about in town or out on the road. Plenty to do. Lot's of home-schoolers in the area too. My wife has a couple of friends in the area that homeschool their children. Part-time jobs are hard to come by anywhere. Depends on what you're looking for. In any case, I wish you the best!

Old 04-18-2010, 03:52 PM

90 posts, read 329,645 times
Try Kid Cultivators Homeschool Group - We grow kids from the inside out! .

Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 PM

15 posts, read 74,837 times
I'm not familiar with Peachtree City but I can tell you that Georgia is FULL of homeschoolers. You will, likely, find an active homeschool community in any part of the metro Atlanta area. It's a fabulous place to homeschool!

Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 AM

865 posts, read 2,431,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmum View Post
We moved to PTC a month ago, and are actually in the apts. that you are talking about, until we find a house. That complex is AWESOME - clean, they do a lot of things for the residents, it has a park and pool, golf cart paths, is walking distance to Kedron plaza, which has a really nice Krogers and Target, amongst other things.

It is VERY safe here, and so far, the residents I've encountered have been really nice. Btw, I know you are homeschooling (which I don't know anything about), but the public schools this complex feeds into is top notch.

If you have any other questions, just PM me! Good luck!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:14 PM

14 posts, read 30,626 times
Hey there....I live in Peachtree City...been here 3 years. There are a LOT of homeschoolers and several homeschool groups in Peachtree City. My kids are not school age yet, but my neighbor belongs to a homeschool group and has been a great help to them. You technically can get by with a golf cart year round...but in the winter if you have to drive all the way across town it can get cold. I'd say 80% of the tiem you can rely on the golf cart though. And those apts up by Kedron are some of the best in PTC. Do NOT look at the ones on Peachtree Pkwy south - near Braelinn Rd. Those apts are not as nice.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,640 times
Can anyone tell me the name of one these groups? I have scoured the internet and can find NOTHING concerning Homeschooling groups in the Peachtree City area- I would really like to get plugged in to one of these groups!! Any help is appreciated!

Old 09-24-2010, 09:45 PM

235 posts, read 344,521 times
The Ga Home School Association is based in Fayetteville. I know they have a web site and probably contact information on there. If you still can't find it via Goggle call Fayetteville First Baptist Church. They have many home school families and host many events.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:23 PM

7 posts, read 15,986 times
Did you move to Peachtree City yet? I am a single homeschooling Mom looking to relocate there to attend Atlanta Christian College in the fall of 2011. I welcome any and all suggestions Thanks in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta