Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2007, 09:52 PM

24 posts, read 120,904 times

Advertisements

Hi
I'm househunting and school hunting in the Gwinnett co area. My husband found a great site called school digger

Hull Middleschool in the Sugarloaf area in Duluth, GA, is ranked 45th, where as Alton C. Crews Middle school in Lawrenceville, GA is ranked 9th.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? 45th is still good, but if I had a choice I would prefer the better school.

Does anyone know about Lawrenceville, it is a larger suburb of Atlanta, are there crime/gang issues there?

Also - click on the Hull MS in Duluth and see the demographic chart - apparently between 2001 and 2002 I think it is, the size doubled. Hmmm...

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 07:19 AM

985 posts, read 5,756,427 times
Alton C. Crews Middle is closer to North Snellville than Lawrenceville. It belongs to Brookwood high school district, one of better one in Gwinnett area. Just be care since there are two new high schools coming in Lawrenceville/Grayson area.
There is good chance that your house will be redistricted if you want to be in Crews middle school district. The safest bet is to buy Brookwood elementary, Crews and Brookwood high area, which is in North Snellville.

Same thing happened to Hull Middle school. Peachtree Ridge high school was created four years ago. Hull middle became the middle school for Peachtree Ridge. So it actually improved remarkedly in last two or three years since its feeder schools Parson, Mason and Jackson are very good. Duluth Middle, on the other hand, suffered somewhat since Duluth Middle used to get all Mason students.

Also, School digger ranked based on meet and exceed CRCT test scores, which makes it not very useful, IMO. Wish there is ranking based strictly on exceed CRCT scores only.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:14 AM

24 posts, read 120,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxu66 View Post
Also, School digger ranked based on meet and exceed CRCT test scores, which makes it not very useful, IMO. Wish there is ranking based strictly on exceed CRCT scores only.
Thanks, this is great insight... Are there better web sites that let you rank schools, and see "statistics" easily? I had been using SchoolDigger mainly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta