Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2007, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,409 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving to Georgia next month and will be working with the Gwinnett County Schools, but I don't know yet which area(s) of the county I will be located in. I was originally considering living in the Dunwoody area because I thought it would be a good compromise between working in Gwinnett and not wanting to be very far from the city as a young single person. I was afraid that most of Gwinnett County would consist of families and I would not be able to easily meet like friends. However, I am now worried that the commute from Dunwoody to Gwinnett including that region of 285 to 85 would be bad. Can anyone advise me on this?

I am also strongly considering living in Duluth, because it seems to be a fairly good location within in the county from which to commute other parts of the Gwinnett. However, on apartmentratings.com, nearly every one of the Duluth apartment communities listed gets bad reviews (e.g., less than 50% positive ratings citing crime, noise, management, etc.). This is greatly concerning to me! Can anyone address the validity of such ratings, or suggest places in Duluth not too far from 85 that are not terribly expensive, but are in a safe and good area and with good reputations? My price range would be $900 on the outside (for a 1 or 2 including either a W/D or the price of renting W/D), and obviously I would prefer less than that. I know sometimes you have to pay a little more to live in a good place.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me. I have done lots of research on the internet but it only gets you so far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 04:27 PM

58 posts, read 227,460 times
You can always call the Police Department and get crime reports and statistics. Dunwoody is nice, but pricey and not conevnient to most parts of Gwinnett unless you are working in Peachtree Corners (Norcross). It will help when you find out what school you will be in to help narrow down some choices. You may also want to consider Reantal Homes and Condos in the areas you are moving to as well. Best wishes in your search!

Old 07-07-2007, 04:06 AM

13 posts, read 191,051 times
Are you looking into the apartment complexes near Gwinnett Place? You may want to go a little bit further west in Duluth... there are some complexes along North Berkeley Lake Road, Pleasant Hill Road, and Peachtree Industrial Boulevard that may be more suitable for you. They also wouldn't be too far from I-85.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:31 AM

1,499 posts, read 5,078,321 times
Depending on where you are teaching in the county, Duluth still may not be convenient. For example, if you are teaching in Snellville, Grayson, Dacula, or even further south in parts of Lilburn or Norcross, you still may have a horrible commute. You probably need to wait until you know where you are working before choosing a place to live. There are few good options in Gwinnett for commuting within the county.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:53 PM

25 posts, read 84,907 times
does anyone know of websites that gives you reviews of these apartments complexes. I am looking to relocate next august but I want to start my research now.

Thanks for in advance for your help

Old 09-08-2007, 03:23 AM

33 posts, read 153,356 times
try apartmentratings dot com

Old 01-10-2009, 08:03 PM

3 posts, read 6,740 times
[url=http://www.mynewplace.com]Apartments for Rent - Free Apartment Search - Apartment Finder and Rentals Guide | MyNewPlace[/url]

[url=http://www.renlist.com]renlist.com[/url]

here you can find homes apartment house and condos

hope this is helpful

Old 01-12-2009, 02:06 PM

25 posts, read 84,907 times
Default thanks

thanks everyone for your replies. I have not logged on in so long. I am actually now sure where I will be moving to. I decided to relocate in august of 09. So as I soon as i get a job, i will be sure to use some of your suggestions. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta