Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:16 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
If things don't change, the minute I get my college degree, I am making a B-Line out of this state. And I get the feeling comments like "don't let the door hit you on the backside on your way out" and other comments eluding to "good riddance".

I can't blame you. If I were in your shoes I'd leave, too. I'd leave, but my roots have grown too deep here for me to move without completely turning several lives upside down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I can't blame you. If I were in your shoes I'd leave, too. I'd leave, but my roots have grown too deep here for me to move without completely turning several lives upside down.
I would leave too, but money and my education are two things to deal with. I don't have the money to live somewhere else. I can't even find a job in this state(I look online and I can find plenty of jobs in other states). I don't have $5,000 sitting somewhere for me to relocate on. Even if I did, I still have to get a college education. If I transfer credits, I will lose some and possibly, it will move my graduation data back even further. I can't have that. Even if I didn't lose credits, there is such thing as out of state tuition. It is cheaper for me to stay here. For that reason, I am stuck here. My father doesn't even want to be here anymore.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:54 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I would leave too, but money and my education are two things to deal with. I don't have the money to live somewhere else. I can't even find a job in this state(I look online and I can find plenty of jobs in other states). I don't have $5,000 sitting somewhere for me to relocate on. Even if I did, I still have to get a college education. If I transfer credits, I will lose some and possibly, it will move my graduation data back even further. I can't have that. Even if I didn't lose credits, there is such thing as out of state tuition. It is cheaper for me to stay here. For that reason, I am stuck here. My father doesn't even want to be here anymore.
I mean, get your degree, then split. There's no better or easier time in your life to relocate than right after you get done with college.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:13 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,138,296 times
So with trains running 15 mins during rush hour means, if and WHEN and we all know there will be the WHEN, there is a delay and a train does not come your now waiting 30 minutes for a train, im pretty sure ridership is going to decrease.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:25 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,911,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I WILL NOT go to a Braves game without the shuttle. No way any day. I am not about to pay $40 or more to go "enjoy" a game by sitting in traffic for an hour. Not going to happen. They cut the bus, I will not be back at Turner Field next year. We always ride the train to 5 points and catch the bus.
You can walk to the Braves games at Turner Field from the Georgia State University Marta Station MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority on the Blue Line. It's only about 5 blocks and is a nice walk.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,138,296 times
That walk is a mile and takes 15-20 mins, so many folks will get tired of that all the time, some will just figure what bus goes near the stadium and take that instead.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,047,072 times
I have a hard time believing the Braves shuttle will stop midseason just before a potential playoff run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
You can walk to the Braves games at Turner Field from the Georgia State University Marta Station MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority on the Blue Line. It's only about 5 blocks and is a nice walk.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I mean, get your degree, then split. There's no better or easier time in your life to relocate than right after you get done with college.
That is my plan, unless I win the lottery and then I can just split.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:57 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
That walk is a mile and takes 15-20 mins, so many folks will get tired of that all the time, some will just figure what bus goes near the stadium and take that instead.
Am I the only one who finds it odd that people are not willing to walk to an event where they will sit around watching competitive physical activity?

"I'm highly entertained by competitive physical activity. In fact, I devote many hours per week and hundreds, nay, thousands, of dollars per season on being entertained in this way. What's that you say? Get off my duff and walk a few blocks to the arena where this competitive physical activity will take place? PSHAW!."

Old 06-29-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Am I the only one who finds it odd that people are not willing to walk to an event where they will sit around watching competitive physical activity.

"I'm highly entertained by competitive physical activity. In fact, I devote many hours per week and hundreds, nay, thousands, of dollars per season on being entertained in this way. What's that you say? Get off my duff and walk a few blocks to the arena where this competitive physical activity will take place? PSHAW!."
I don't find it odd. Atlanta's summer climate is simply too much for alot of people to put up with. I don't have a car, so I have to walk anywhere I want to get to. This is also part of the reason I am angry about the way public transit is turning out in metropolitan Atlanta. If MARTA extended out to Cobb County, I would definitely use it. I think there are more jobs in the city than there are in Cobb County right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta