U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 05:49 PM

25 posts, read 58,337 times

Advertisements

If you have made it this far, I take it that you can possibly help my roomate and I choose the right apartment. We are 22 years old and just graduated college. We will be living in Buckhead and like to party but are not only focused on partying, we have great jobs and are going to want quiet at times as well. We have narrowed it down to the following apartments: The Gramercy, Post Chastain, 1050 Lenox Park Apartments, and The Manor.

We honestly cannot decide between these 4 apartments. If anyone can PLEASE give some input on any of these places and tell us which we should pick a certain one, we would appreciate it more than ever! Thanks...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 10:52 AM

13 posts, read 39,453 times
I don't know much about those apartments specifically but 1050 Lenox Park is very near where I live, The Grove at Lenox Park. I've only been living here for about a month but I'm happy with the Lenox Park area so far. There's a lot of green space and things like that. The whole area seems to be mostly recent college grads so you'd fit right in. I've heard 1050 is a little more party-oriented than The Grove, it's usually pretty quiet around my place.

There's nothing really within walking distance so if you're looking to walk to bars and restaurants you might wanna look elsewhere. Real short drive to everything though. One thing I'm finding annoying is when I need to get to the other side of downtown Buckhead. It takes FOREVER b/c of traffic but I'm sure I can find some shortcuts when I'm more familiar with the area.

Have you checked out apartmentratings.com? Might get some insight on there. Most people on there seem to be pretty nit-picky, so anything above 50% positive I consider to be pretty good.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:08 PM

25 posts, read 68,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentine55 View Post
If you have made it this far, I take it that you can possibly help my roomate and I choose the right apartment. We are 22 years old and just graduated college. We will be living in Buckhead and like to party but are not only focused on partying, we have great jobs and are going to want quiet at times as well. We have narrowed it down to the following apartments: The Gramercy, Post Chastain, 1050 Lenox Park Apartments, and The Manor.

We honestly cannot decide between these 4 apartments. If anyone can PLEASE give some input on any of these places and tell us which we should pick a certain one, we would appreciate it more than ever! Thanks...
The Gramercy: I haven't been to the Gramercy, but I do know it's pretty much the only apartments walking distance to the Buckhead bars. A little more expensive for the size due to the location.

Post Chastain: Have a friend who lives here, he likes it a lot. Living off of Roswell isn't too bad either. Can easily get to the Buckhead bars. Don't know much else.

1050 Lenox Park: I lived next door to this place last year (Post Gardens, check it out, I loved it there). I currently live in a place run by the same company and enjoy it (The Goodwynn). 1050 are nice apartments, with a really good pool scene. This apartment probably has the best access to interstates (Easily get to 85 and 400). Can get a cab to the Buckhead bars with your roommate for under $13. Can get a cab to Midtown for under $20. Publix, Kroger, Target are all close (not walking distance).

The Manor: Don't know anything about this place.

Of all of these places, the one with the least street traffic at rush hour would likely be 1050. Piedmont gets congested, Roswell can get congested, and getting through Buckhead can get congested. None are too terrible though. I'm obviously a bit bias toward the Lenox Park area, but when I looked around myself I really liked the area a lot.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:29 PM

13 posts, read 39,453 times
Update to my post. I actually just discovered Old Ivy Rd today. It runs parallel and north of Peachtree Rd. No traffic at all on a Saturday and was able to get to the Piedmont Rd Kroger in 10-15 minutes. Very nice!

Old 10-24-2010, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,347 times
How have you liked The Grove at Lenox Park? I am looking at moving into this complex. Thanks!

Old 10-24-2010, 10:40 AM

30,998 posts, read 30,201,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan9124 View Post
Update to my post. I actually just discovered Old Ivy Rd today. It runs parallel and north of Peachtree Rd. No traffic at all on a Saturday and was able to get to the Piedmont Rd Kroger in 10-15 minutes. Very nice!
The only thing you have to watch out for there is that it's residential with a 25 mph speed limit. They have pretty ferocious radar enforcement because of the pedestrians and the elementary school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta