Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 08:08 AM

6 posts, read 9,099 times

Advertisements

Hi we are in the process of relocating, we have bought a house in Evans and are waiting to close in early Aug. I would like any recomendations for a pediatric dentist, an adult dentist, a hair stylist, a vet and a dog groomer. Ok thats just a start lol. Any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks so much

M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 03:39 PM

194 posts, read 529,394 times
Evans Dental Group (http://evansdentalgroup.com/site/ - broken link)

Welcome to Belair Dental Associates

Southern Smiles Pediatric Dentistry |

Paradise Animal Hospital

Last edited by joeyrun; 06-29-2010 at 03:48 PM..

Old 08-09-2010, 01:52 PM

6 posts, read 9,268 times
Just moved here in June also. I was very pleased with Town & Country Grooming @ 5163 N. Tubman Rd. Appling, GA. (706)309-9995.They are located just outside Evans.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:47 AM

77 posts, read 157,875 times
Avoid the vca animal clinic on washington rd! They just want your money.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:25 AM

337 posts, read 793,792 times
Vet - St Francis animal hospital - on Perimeter Road (near Wheeler). Class act, open 24 hours...

Old 08-20-2010, 12:32 PM

35 posts, read 72,886 times
Default Pediatric Dentist

HUGE recommendation for Dr. Lee Baker, pediatric dentist.
Center for Pediatric Dentistry
When I tell my kids its time to go to the dentist, they say,
"Oh, cool! Great!". You have got to look at the photos of the office, it is amazing. He gave it an Alaska theme, since that is where he moved from. Dr. Baker is super nice, and he's a great dentist. He also takes Tricare.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:41 PM

78 posts, read 132,627 times
Gross, Edward W DVM - Care More Animal Hospital
(706) 650-1839
4026 Blackstone Camp Rd, Augusta, GA 30907
http://www.caremoreanimalhospital.vetsuite.com
Dr. Gross is a great veterinary surgeon. He takes care of various species including birds. He is also active with animal rescue.

My wife spends our hard earned money at D.J. and Co.
139 Davis Road Suite A Augusta, Ga 30907
(706) 868-9400
http://djandco.net/

I work in downtown area and see a dentist in North Augusta across the river.
Bryant Ron E DDS
504 West Avenue, North Augusta, SC 29841-3709
(803) 279-1880

Last edited by Karlsson; 08-20-2010 at 12:51 PM..

Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM

95 posts, read 228,134 times
Speaking of animal hospitals, we could use a good vet ourselves. We went with the Banfield Wellness Plan and it's been okay but, from what we gather, the coverage for older dogs is not worth the monthly cost and you're better off just setting money aside for a good vet.

There's an Animal Hospital close to us, by Allie Katz. They look like a good place but I rather go to a smaller place, where I know they will treat your pet well and work with you on payments. One thing I recommend is getting pet meds online. It seems every vet marks up the price of the meds significantly. For example, heartworm medication that you can get online for about $20 for a six-month supply costs $25 in some places for a one-month supply. What the??

I realize that you got to make a living in these hard times but that's just a little too much, if you ask me. As a vet, I would think making services more affordable would encourage people to do routine check-ups and prevent serious ailments. That is why people let their pets and vehicles alike go for so long - mechanics and vets will rip you a new one if you're not careful! =oX

But I digress.. One thing I do say now that I mentioned getting car work done is this: avoid Cheeseburough Automatic Transmissions/C.A.T. Mark Cheeseburough is not that good either. Apparently, there's all sorts of family drama there and Lee is a grumpy old man that doesn't know how to treat customers with respect and courtesy. These establishments embody unprofessional behavior quite well, in spite what the BBB may say. Sadly, organizations like the BBB and ATRA don't offer very good insight since companies can contest complaints and basically pay to scrub their record. Bogus.

In any case, I recommend working with Steve from Aamco on Washington Road or going to Pep Boys across the street. Ask for Pat (Zack and Mike are cool too) and tell him Yogi sent ya! Seriously. They're good people that know what they're doing. Aamco is significantly more expensive than Weeks, C.A.T., Affordable Transmissions, and others but they do the best work and their guarantee is actually worth a crap and honored. Yup, I'm a disgruntled customer here. LOL.. Weeks Transmission also comes highly-recommended but I haven't experienced their work first-hand to make an assessment.

Hope that helps. I know it's important to scope out the area well and know which businesses are legit. Sadly, the good businesses are usually the first ones to go under. =o\

Old 08-22-2010, 06:57 PM

95 posts, read 228,134 times
Default Dr. Gross, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlsson View Post
Gross, Edward W DVM - Care More Animal Hospital
(706) 650-1839
4026 Blackstone Camp Rd, Augusta, GA 30907
Care More Animal Hospital
Dr. Gross is a great veterinary surgeon. He takes care of various species including birds. He is also active with animal rescue.

How are his prices? It always seems that pet emergencies hit you when you are least expecting (and financially ready). Last time I had a pet emergency, our transmission went so that was a VERY expensive month. LOL

Old 08-23-2010, 06:12 AM

78 posts, read 132,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogizilla View Post
How are his prices?
His prices are very fare. They are much lower than St. Farnces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: