Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times

Advertisements

Augusta needs to do a better job at advertising the yearly events. I do give them credit for reaching out to the Atlanta market and other nearby cities. But what about the local metro/CSRA?? Several of the people who live in the metro/CSRA only bring up the Masters. The city of Augusta has so much more to offer. The Westobou festival(150k to 200k), Arts in the Heart(80k), ESI Ironman, ESI Conference, Border Bash, Augusta Regetta, Southern Nationals, Wakeboard tournaments, and the IMBA World Summit all downtown..

How about a Westobou bus riding around Augusta...Alot of people in the metro know about Virginia College... How do so many people know about a small college??? Take a look below...

[

Last edited by nortonguy; 07-09-2010 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 10:41 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,415 times
What is this water front hotel project?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:50 PM

998 posts, read 1,549,105 times
I dunno. Which post # are you referring to?

Old 07-12-2010, 07:21 PM

95 posts, read 228,019 times
Default Free advertising is bad? o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Augusta needs to do a better job at advertising the yearly events. I do give them credit for reaching out to the Atlanta market and other nearby cities. But what about the local metro/CSRA?? Several of the people who live in the metro/CSRA only bring up the Masters. The city of Augusta has so much more to offer. The Westobou festival(150k to 200k), Arts in the Heart(80k), ESI Ironman, ESI Conference, Border Bash, Augusta Regetta, Southern Nationals, Wakeboard tournaments, and the IMBA World Summit all downtown..

How about a Westobou bus riding around Augusta...Alot of people in the metro know about Virginia College... How do so many people know about a small college??? Take a look below...

[
Right on.

Virginia College's advertising efforts have definitely worked. That bus sticks out, no matter where it is. Smart businesses should consider similar advertising efforts. It'll help out our bus system and there will certainly be a return on investment for advertisers as well.

It's like one of my co-workers said the other day: Augusta is growing rapidly and it's almost like city officials are trying to contain that growth. It makes no sense. It's just the little details that need to be addressed at this point and surely everything will fall into place.

Nort, I don't even know half of the stuff you're talking about with regards to local events.. The sad part is that I recently checked the official AugustaGA and Riverwalk web sites. Some of these events are so faceless because you don't get to meet the people behind them. With all the social networking tools out there, it is astounding that the free marketing venues are being neglected/wasted.. What the? o_O

Old 07-13-2010, 11:43 AM

I wouldn't go to the Augusta, GA website.. They're just going to give you the overall description about the event... You should check out the official websites themselves..

Westobou Festival September 16-25, 2010 in Augusta, Ga.

Arts in the Heart was the largest festival in Augusta. Until 2008 when the Westobou festival was created..
The 2010 Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival, Sept. 17 - 19, 2009 in Augusta Georgia!

YouTube - Arts In The Heart of Augusta Festival

Old 09-23-2013, 08:28 PM

21 posts, read 73,466 times
Default Augusta Skyline from North Augusta

Click to enlarge. Hope you like the pic!
Attached Thumbnails
Augusta Skyline-8180988210_4b22906fdf_c.jpg  

Old 09-23-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueReligion22 View Post
The viewpoint from downtown North Augusta looks pretty good. I would love to see the Medical District and downtown skyline together.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:28 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,945,475 times
This is not a comment to downplay Augusta whatsoever but I honestly never knew Augusta had a skyline! Its actually a real good looking skyline I just never knew it was there since the only times ive come down there we just went to the Ice Rink. How tall are the buildings down there?

Old 09-24-2013, 07:30 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueReligion22 View Post
Beautiful!! Can't wait for ghof to be developed and the student housing! That is really going to add to the skyline.... Beautiful pic, thanks for the post.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:50 PM

21 posts, read 73,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Augusta View Post
Beautiful!! Can't wait for ghof to be developed and the student housing! That is really going to add to the skyline.... Beautiful pic, thanks for the post.
I agree, and I'm glad that you liked it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area