Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:17 PM

998 posts, read 1,549,105 times

Advertisements

Interstate-Guide: Interstate 14

I've seen it ending in Augusta and other sites saying North Augusta, it'll hook into 520 somewhere...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 05:17 PM

92 posts, read 180,148 times
I'd like to hear more about the environmental impact before I make a decision, but it would be nice to have more direct routes.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 PM

543 posts, read 1,316,335 times
Whats the hold up with I-14? Does it have environmental issues?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:10 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,087 times
Not that I know of, I14 isn't going anywhere since it's unfunded, I3 isn't going anywhere since it's unfunded and it's got environmental opposition.

I14 isn't even as far along as I3 since it hasn't even been granted a feasibility study yet.

But, the rough route for it is to run from Mississippi or Louisiana to Augusta, in GA, it's supposed to follow the route of the 'Fall Line Freeway'.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times
Plan would add interstate from Augusta to Mississippi

The study examined five cost options for an interstate route from Augusta to Natchez, Miss. A report on an interstate linking Savannah, Augusta, western North Carolina and Knoxville, Tenn., is expected soon.
A 100-mile segment beginning near Macon would connect to Augusta either at Interstate 20 near exit 183 or at Interstate 520 near Fort Gordon. To connect to I-20, a new highway would be built versus following existing roads through Milledgeville, Sandersville and Wrens to connect with I-520.
Plan would add interstate from Augusta to Mississippi | Mobile Augusta

Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
Plan would add interstate from Augusta to Mississippi

The study examined five cost options for an interstate route from Augusta to Natchez, Miss. A report on an interstate linking Savannah, Augusta, western North Carolina and Knoxville, Tenn., is expected soon.
A 100-mile segment beginning near Macon would connect to Augusta either at Interstate 20 near exit 183 or at Interstate 520 near Fort Gordon. To connect to I-20, a new highway would be built versus following existing roads through Milledgeville, Sandersville and Wrens to connect with I-520.
Plan would add interstate from Augusta to Mississippi | Mobile Augusta
Another piece to the pie that will help build the metro to the 900k-1mil. I know it sound like along shot but it starting to look like Augusta is getting the memo. Our metro will increase by add more counties because the interstate will make that easier to travel to augusta.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Another piece to the pie that will help build the metro to the 900k-1mil. I know it sound like along shot but it starting to look like Augusta is getting the memo. Our metro will increase by add more counties because the interstate will make that easier to travel to augusta.
“These interstates would create new transportation routes that avoid the over-congested Atlanta roads, and will be an economic boon for Augusta,” Barrow said

Old 02-16-2012, 10:44 PM

This another report on fox 54news

"It would have a huge economic impact on the city; it's all about connectivity and trade routes," said Augusta Mayor, Deke Copenhaver

The GDOT is also expecting to receive another report on an additional interstate that would link Augusta to Savannah, North Carolina and Tennessee soon.

GDOT calls plan that would build Augusta interstate doubtful - The Fun Starts Here on WFXG Fox54 Augusta!

Old 02-16-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
This another report on fox 54news

"It would have a huge economic impact on the city; it's all about connectivity and trade routes," said Augusta Mayor, Deke Copenhaver

The GDOT is also expecting to receive another report on an additional interstate that would link Augusta to Savannah, North Carolina and Tennessee soon.

GDOT calls plan that would build Augusta interstate doubtful - The Fun Starts Here on WFXG Fox54 Augusta!
After some more research and studying on this project it will happen because atlanta just get to cluster been the only city with multi interstate coming and going into the city. So that put augusta in the best location which is two hour NC AND ATL 3.5 from Tennessee and myrte breach , hour from Columbia and Savannah, 5 from Jacksonville FL to be honest we actually in a better location then any city in the state of Georgia that include ATL also.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
The ground breaking of the widening of Wrightsboro rd from I-520 to Jimmie Dyess is getting closer(entire project $22 million)... This issue was included at the commission meeting yesterday..

Provide necessary signatures on furnished agreement to include Augusta Utilities Department water and sanitary sewer main relocations in the Georgia Department of Transportation contract for the widening to County Road 1501/Wrightsboro Road from Jimmie Dyess Parkway to the Interstate 520 Ramps in Richmond County, Georgia. The estimated cost of construction is 1,575,412.58.

Coversheet

The $37.5 million widening of I-520 in South Augusta is now starting to close different lanes consistently..

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/L...168983946.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area