Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 PM

999 posts, read 1,552,074 times

Advertisements

I fail to understand how anyone who has lived in Augusta long enough has many good things to say about the Augusta commission at any point in time... I know you love Augusta, but the commission is nothing more than a you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours club. You thought the issue about the commission meeting place was a non-starter... I disagree. Leaders lead and it should've been settled long ago, hence the incompetence part of this group.

When all is said and done with this group, more is said than done... this much is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 06:01 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,914,715 times
Default Downtown Skyline

This is a drawing I did of my vision of the Augusta Skyline. The ball is what I call the Orbital, it will be a huge observation tower that will house a resturant and maybe a Augusta National Masters Hall of Fame. The Westobou Plaza is a 40+ skyscraper that along with the Orbital will highlight the research park. There are also 3 to 4 new 30+ buildings as future growth.

Also I have encluded a map. The blue outline is midtown heights, home to the tallest buildings and the orbital. The red is the medical district, and the yellow is downtown.
Attached Thumbnails
I-20 and I-520 to far away from downtown-1035782715660_orig.jpeg   I-20 and I-520 to far away from downtown-mini.png  

Old 06-22-2011, 06:40 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,393,358 times
I.like that layout but I think it will be nice if we can build a unique for the Master hall of frame like a golf ball building or golf clubs building. Something like the hard rock cafe in myrtle beach with the big guitar but a golf ball or golf club. Then we need a name that stand out like a sore thumb that bring tourist all year round. Specialty master week all the famous people will come

Old 06-22-2011, 07:59 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,914,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
I.like that layout but I think it will be nice if we can build a unique for the Master hall of frame like a golf ball building or golf clubs building. Something like the hard rock cafe in myrtle beach with the big guitar but a golf ball or golf club. Then we need a name that stand out like a sore thumb that bring tourist all year round. Specialty master week all the famous people will come
That is what the oribital is, it is a huge golf ball on a tee that is as high as a 15 story building, like the one in Dallas Texas. You can also add a resturant and maybe condos.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
That is what the oribital is, it is a huge golf ball on a tee that is as high as a 15 story building, like the one in Dallas Texas. You can also add a resturant and maybe condos.
That will be great. Hey have you every watch Man vs food when he go to different restaurant and he his try eat the biggest burger or something like that. That will be good to have something like that in the restaurant shape like a big golf ball. It don't have to be a burger or shape like a golf ball but it will make a lot tourist want try the Master Ball.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:07 PM

101 posts, read 166,959 times
Cool but what about hotels, even though not many people would probably stay in Augusta

Old 06-26-2011, 09:35 AM

937 posts, read 1,803,161 times
I wish the MLB would pick up the green jackets...... Build the stadium down town and about 3 or 4 15 plus hotels for visitors coming to the games who wouldnt quite neccesialry wanna go directly home afterwards. Splost would support the hotels and the MLB would support the stadium and the green jackets franchise also there ripkin on board with the team in addition to the mayors very outspoken support!!

Old 06-26-2011, 11:10 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,879,661 times
Augusta doesn't come close to having the population base to support MLB. Even Charlotte is questionable in that regard and it has a metro area 3-4 times larger than Augusta's.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Augusta doesn't come close to having the population base to support MLB. Even Charlotte is questionable in that regard and it has a metro area 3-4 times larger than Augusta's.

What charlotte have to do with augusta, they might night like baseball like Augusta. Just because augusta is a smaller city doesn't mean it want get support. Atlanta has 6mil plus in their metro but still couldn't support a NHL team why is that because they don't have enough fans that live in atlanta metro area. Yes you need the population but what really mightier are the of number fans and augusta metro has baseball fans.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:02 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,697,747 times
ugh...

Major league teams set up operations in larger metros because the higher population means there is a higher likelihood that tickets will sell there.

Augusta barely supported the hockey team in their first season, very few games even got the arena to 50% occupancy. I'll give it to you that Augusta supports the minor league baseball team pretty well, but the stadium still doesn't sell out that often.

There just is NOT enough people in Augusta metro to support any sort of major league team, it's a pipe dream. Just look at all the metros that are at 1 and 2 million people and don't have a MLB team, I'm sure there's plenty of baseball fans in those metros too.

Last edited by EastsideDave; 06-26-2011 at 06:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area