Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:01 AM

383 posts, read 722,415 times

Advertisements

Just a few of the projects going on in richmond county

The riverwatch mall which is set to open in Spring 2009, Village at Riverwatch will feature Belk, Starplex Cinema, specialty stores, large format retail, restaurants and two hotels. www.villageatriverwatch.com.

The Watermark in downtown augusta. Is 2 10 story condos, with 2 or 3 hilton hotels. A underground parking gargage, a 3 story mix-used office building, and the old train depot will become a starbucks, kinkos, resturants, & more. Construction is set to start january 2008. The project will bring over 700 jobs and add over 2 billion to the regional economy. http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/062006/met_85978.shtml

Whites building is a new residential/retail area being built downtown. Alot of young people are already purchasing now as we speak. The Doris building will be renovated for commercial tenants while the upper floors of the J.B. White building and the Ellis Street property will be converted into about 80 condo units by 2009. The first floor of each of the three buildings will have offices and retail space. REGISTER A GLOBAL USER ACCOUNT (http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/041307/met_124494.shtml - broken link)

Multi-million dollar library in downtown augusta http://www.ecgrl.org/hq_building.htm

Augusta Regional Airport new terminal & more Augusta Regional Airport -- Airport Information

Downtown Baseball Stadium Bring Baseball Downtown - Augusta, GA

The Forum Augusta is a lifestyle center & residential living off interstaate 20, the forum-augusta will be a "Main Street" development with restaurants and specialty retail stores on the ground level. There will be condominiums and rental apartments above the stores. The development also includes townhomes. Office space & more than 160 residential units were added to the developer's plan earlier this year. Set to open fall of 2008 Forum Development Group - The Forum - Augusta (http://forumdevgroup.com/augusta.html - broken link)

Convention Center downtown, judicial center, university hospital, james brown museum, Medical College of Ga, costco shopping center, and alot more construction going on in augusta. All these projects are in richmond county, even though i could have name projects in evans, martinez, grovetown, aiken, north augusta, & smaller suburbs or bedroom communities who are all part of metro augusta.

Last edited by johndoeboy; 11-09-2007 at 10:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 05:32 PM

I forgot about this because there's so many projects happening in augusta right now.
Judicial center 80 million dollar price tag 10 to 18 story range.

Downtown augusta exploded with growth in 2006 with more to come in 2007 with over 60 new businesses & 269 jobs. http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/030507/yrb_118640.shtml (http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/ipb_seo.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fchronicle.augusta.com %2Fstories%2F030507%2Fyrb_118640.shtml - broken link)

Old 11-11-2007, 03:41 PM

Another project in augusta city limits

Wheeler town park 300,000 sq. feet retail center located off interstate 20 & wheeler rd in richmond county

Old 11-12-2007, 03:21 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
Augusta... the mid-sized Atlanta.. that's funny.
well Augusta does resemble one part of metro Atlanta.... CLayton County.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:07 PM

Augusta regional airport

Work on the new $30 million building is expected to be finished early next month.
More and more travelers, nearly 40,000 more just this year, are choosing to touchdown and take-off from Augusta Regional Airport.

Just ask the airport's marketing director. "We're seeing a lot of fares around the country really jump and yet in Augusta, their continuing to go down," Diane Johnston said.

We compared a round trip flight from Atlanta, Columbia and Augusta to Washington, DC. Atlanta was the cheapest at $271, followed by Augusta at $360 and $411 from Columbia

The airport's new $30 million terminal is expected to start processing passengers December 9. "If our fares stay good and our reliability stays strong, we expect to continue to increase our enplanements," Johnston said.

The new terminal includes check-in counters and baggage carousels.

There's also room for expansion and up to two new airlines.

Atlanta has up to a year to decide on their airport situation with hartsfield.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 PM

913 posts, read 2,984,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
Atlanta's second airport in Augusta?? Are you crazy? Atlanta already has a second airport.. it's called Birmingham, AL.
I agree. Augusta is way too far from Atlanta. Columbus or Macon are much better choices. They are much closure to Atlanta.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:23 PM

20 posts, read 46,119 times
Augusta has become one of the premier cities of Georgia with so much expansion over the last decade or so.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:43 PM

20 posts, read 46,119 times
And if there was another airport to be built for Atlanta, Macon and Columbus would be out of the question.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:07 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentgreen View Post
And if there was another airport to be built for Atlanta, Macon and Columbus would be out of the question.
I agree.. if another airport for Atlanta is to be built it should and will be built in metro Atlanta... not in Augusta, Macon, or Columbus, or Chattanooga..

Old 07-05-2008, 06:58 PM

3 posts, read 9,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
Why are you still in augusta then, you cant afford 2o to 40 dollars or more to fill up your car. That would get you to greenville, columbia, savannah, & atlanta. Come on youre telling me that is what is keeping you from moving. If i dislike something like you do i think i would have save 50 dollars by now. Why wouldnt you want your kids to be able to go to davidson in richmond county which beats wealthy suburb counties of atlanta every year in test scores.

Why does bill gates have a house in augusta ga in richmond county off walton way. I visit augusta every now & again its experiencing alot of growth.

I am still in Disgusta because I get exactly $637 dollars a month...a disability check...and I support both of my kids and my husband on that...and I pay the bills and have to put gas in the car...anyhow...is it really your business as to why I am still in Augusta?

Research will show...I don't give a **** about where Bill Gates lives...he's a moron...he charges too much for an operating system that doesn't work worth a damn...and he could be a little more charitable to needy families in his supposed adopted town of Augusta, Georgia...

Just in case some of you are wondering...I'm white...I get less than $100 dollars a month food stamps for a 4 person household...good thing I get wic...otherwise we couldn't afford the baby's formula...

My husband has filled out thousands of applications in the Augsta area and surrounding CSRA...but the economy is slack and NO ONE is hiring right now...If we are going to support our kids on more than $637 dollars a month and buy groceries and put gas in the car and pay all of our bills...he would need to get more than 40 hours a week and make better than minimum wage...my oldest son has pervasive developmental disorder...and my youngest son has food sensitivities/allergies...so the therapy programs for my 7 year old and the specialty formulas for my 9 month old would be reason enough for him to want to make more money...maybe it's because Augusta can waste money on Christmas lights and tax tax tax that no money can be spared to people who WANT to work but can't...

Anyhow...now that you know my business...what were you bitching about Augusta for in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area