Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 07:23 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I was thinking about the comment after reading it again myself, because it might have a different meaning to some people. The Olglethorpe mall is nice, but it's not on the same level with the Augusta mall..

The Augusta mall has a enclose mall attached to the outdoor promenade..
So now you're trying to take back what you said? Too late ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 07:25 PM

322 posts, read 586,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I'm not reading the sentence wrong, Norton said what he said.

And I'm a 47 year old man, so no ... you likely have NOT had more schooling than me ... LOL!
Well...you've definately me beat there. No matter what he said, you know what he meant and he commented what he mean. Its obvious that he wasn't going to say something as ridiculous as Oglethorpe mall can compete with Augusta mall. Have you ever been to Augusta mall. It you think that,obviously you haven't.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
He never said that in the first place. You read it out of context...

Old 11-11-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -StarBright- View Post
Well...you've definately me beat there. No matter what he said, you know what he meant and he commented what he mean. Its obvious that he wasn't going to say something as ridiculous as Oglethorpe mall can compete with Augusta mall. Have you ever been to Augusta mall. It you think that,obviously you haven't.
You can argue this until your blue in the face. A mall is a mall. Big deal. But downtown Savannah is something Augusta will never have, and that's far more valuable to me than any mall in any city. Savannah wins!

Old 11-11-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -StarBright- View Post
He never said that in the first place. You read it out of context...
No, I read it EXACTLY as he said it. You just lack reading comprehension, apparently.

I'm a journalist, remember? I do this for a living. I quote people every day, and I know what "taking something out of context" means. What he said was "Oglethorpe Mall ... can compete against Augusta Mall." And that would hold up in a courtroom, if it came to that.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:31 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
I did go back and comment again, because the sentence could be misunderstood.

The Augusta mall is a regional shopping destination and even attracts people from Columbia, SC....

Trade area
Mall Properties Search | GGP

Augusta mall: 532,754

Oglethorpe mall: 379,832

Old 11-11-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
No, I read it EXACTLY as he said it. You just lack in reading comprehension, apparently.
I understand how you could see that it might say that,but if you read exactly what he said, the sentence didn't say it could compete. If you read it the way it was written...it actually didn't make much since and seemed somewhat contradictory,but it never said that they could compete. It said Oglethorpe mall and definitely not Savannah mall can compete with Augusta mall. If It said Oglethorpe mall and definitely not Savannah mall cant compete with Augusta mall, it would make even less since. You make it really hard to for me to be nice to you...

Old 11-11-2013, 07:36 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
Quote:
How are you going to tell the person behind the comment what they meant?

The malls in both cities have been discussed numerous times on this forum, and I have never mentioned the Augusta mall and Olgethorpe being on the same level. The Augusta mall is nicer than the Columbiana mall in Columbia and even the Haywood(more debatable) mall in Greenville.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:40 PM

Haywood mall always gave me county vibe. Augusta's felt more upscale and suburban. Maybe its just me.

Last edited by -StarBright-; 11-11-2013 at 08:05 PM..

Old 11-11-2013, 07:56 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times
Augusta mall remind me of Perimeter Mall a upscale feeling but snobby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area