Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,100,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by superawes View Post
Oh, so there was more than 1 deal of the year for GA. See the way you said it was misleading.
I've already broken down the categories in the Starbucks thread many times.

If somebody 'thought' Rome won deal of the year by itself, then that's clearly on them. I mean the Georgia Trend article had most of the page related towards Starbucks coming to Augusta.

Anybody notice how suddenly after the poster Crazzer disappeared. There's two people with less than 10 post who join immediately. One of them quickly ran to bump up the crime and discussion threads created by Cozzer(banned for multiple names).

Last edited by nortonguy; 12-13-2012 at 06:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 06:15 PM

199 posts, read 365,765 times
Default Again??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I'm sure everybody can see there's more growth & planned/ongoing construction in Augusta, Richmond County, metro, and the CSRA in 2012 compared to our entire lifetimes(unless you remember the 50's-60's)...

Do you think 2013 is finally the year of Augusta? Or 2014-2015?

Next year we should begin to see construction start at the GGHF site downtown & ASU east/west campuses... The Medical Commons & pedestrian park begin this year in the Medical District, but won't ramp up construction until 2013...

The MOX and NSA both equal over 6 billion and will be completed this year, but won't reach high gear until next year.. The construction at Plant Vogtle, Bridgestone, Starbucks, and Rockwood(over 16 billion) will speed up next year also...

The Village at Riverwatch, Wheeler Town Park, Walmart on Wrightsboro rd, neighborhood Walmart/other amenities on 15th street, medical commons, Laney Walker pedestrian park, 13 acre shopping center on Gordon Hwy, renovation of Miller Theatre, Home 2 Suites by Hilton, Residential Inn by Marriott, General Perry Smith Pkwy at Augusta Regional, I-520 widening in South Augusta, Holiday Inn Express, etc will all be under construction next year..

Then you have several projects who can also break ground in 2013... Including the Cancer center in the Medical District, Hyatt Place, 25 acre shopping center, etc....
nortonguy, you've been at the same old thing for the past 5 years, yet Augusta has been crawling along, doing it's fits and false starts, making an inch worth of progress with a mile's worth of politics, same as it ever was. In what way is AUG going to make the huge leap, are the commissioners going to stop playing tug-of-war with the budgets? Are the Morrises going to release their stranglehold on downtown development? Is the county finally going to demolish all the abandoned ratboxes south of Laney Walker Blvd? The old Regency Mall properties belong to different parties, I know because I inspect one of them, how do you propose that the city will turn it from rags to riches, when it originally died such an ignominious death? Yes, Augusta is making SLOOOWWW progress, but not faster than the exodus of business to Columbia County is creating a lot of available commercial real estate, every fourth storefront downtown has a "For Lease" sign on it. Granted, the dive bars, strip clubs, lunch shops and real-estate developers coexist in an incoherent, disjointed sort of way on Broad Street, but that's not new, nor does it make the area any more unique than any of the weird little ghost towns in Georgia or South Carolina. Columbia County is growing twice as fast, and with newer infrastructure in a better state of repair. COME ON, nortonguy, what else you got?? Make it worth my while to move back to Augusta from Evans, or my daughter's to move back from Charleston...

Old 12-13-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriado View Post
nortonguy, you've been at the same old thing for the past 5 years, yet Augusta has been crawling along, doing it's fits and false starts, making an inch worth of progress with a mile's worth of politics, same as it ever was. In what way is AUG going to make the huge leap, are the commissioners going to stop playing tug-of-war with the budgets? Are the Morrises going to release their stranglehold on downtown development? Is the county finally going to demolish all the abandoned ratboxes south of Laney Walker Blvd? The old Regency Mall properties belong to different parties, I know because I inspect one of them, how do you propose that the city will turn it from rags to riches, when it originally died such an ignominious death? Yes, Augusta is making SLOOOWWW progress, but not faster than the exodus of business to Columbia County is creating a lot of available commercial real estate, every fourth storefront downtown has a "For Lease" sign on it. Granted, the dive bars, strip clubs, lunch shops and real-estate developers coexist in an incoherent, disjointed sort of way on Broad Street, but that's not new, nor does it make the area any more unique than any of the weird little ghost towns in Georgia or South Carolina. Columbia County is growing twice as fast, and with newer infrastructure in a better state of repair. COME ON, nortonguy, what else you got?? Make it worth my while to move back to Augusta from Evans, or my daughter's to move back from Charleston...
How would you even know what I've been saying for the last five years if Expatriado joined in August of 2009? I rest my case when it comes to the Augusta forum, because almost every thread will go off topic due to nonsense.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:55 PM

5 posts, read 4,926 times
Every thread in the forum talks about the same thing: starbucks, medical facility, grocery stores...blah blah blah. Why are there 30 threads that talk about the same thing? They all need to be consolidated under one heading.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 AM

614 posts, read 1,101,317 times
Quote:
How would you even know what I've been saying for the last five years if Expatriado joined in August of 2009? I rest my case when it comes to the Augusta forum, because almost every thread will go off topic due to nonsense.
Maybe Expatriado went back and read previous posts?

Old 12-14-2012, 08:55 AM

614 posts, read 1,101,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriado View Post
You make some valid points. I'm proud of the progress of Columbia County and Aiken County.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Maybe Expatriado went back and read previous posts?
Only in a imaginary world..... I've never even said on here before Augusta is making a 'huge leap' until now anyway.

All of the following will be under construction at some point in 2013.

The Village at Riverwatch, Wheeler Town Park, Starbucks, Rockwood, Walmart on Wrightsboro rd, Wakmart neighborhood market/other amenities on 15th street, 13 acre shopping center on Gordon Hwy, renovation of Miller Theatre, Home 2 Suites by Hilton, Residential Inn by Marriott, General Perry Smith Pkwy & 200 acre Industrial Park, at Augusta Regional, I-520 widening in South Augusta, Holiday Inn Express, $90 million Cancer Center, $76 million Medical Commons, $1 million Laney Walker pedestrian park, Augusta Canal expansion, skywalk, Mike Padgett Hwy construction, technology facility, renovated Imperial theater, renovation of Fort Discovery(Discovery Plaza), Sprint Food & Metro Market, Farmhaus Burgers/12 apts, etc...

Georgia Power is coming to the Corporate Park, and I've heard a wood pellet processing plant is coming to Augusta.

Last edited by nortonguy; 12-14-2012 at 01:04 PM..

Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Only in a imaginary world..... I've never even said on here before Augusta is making a 'huge leap' until now anyway.

The Village at Riverwatch, Wheeler Town Park, Starbucks, Rockwood, Walmart on Wrightsboro rd, Wakmart neighborhood market/other amenities on 15th street, 13 acre shopping center on Gordon Hwy, renovation of Miller Theatre, Home 2 Suites by Hilton, Residential Inn by Marriott, General Perry Smith Pkwy & 200 acre Industrial Park, at Augusta Regional, I-520 widening in South Augusta, Holiday Inn Express, $90 million Cancer Center, $76 million Medical Commons, $1 million Laney Walker pedestrian park, Augusta Canal expansion, skywalk, Mike Padgett Hwy construction, technology facility, renovated Imperial theater, renovation of Fort Discovery(Discovery Plaza), Sprint Food & Metro Market, Farmhaus Burgers/12 apts, etc...

You can't fight or spin the facts!!!!!!!

Georgia Power is coming to the Corporate Park, and I've heard a wood pellet processing plant is coming to Augusta.
I guess when you hear information from people who know things it might be actuallly true.

https://www.bidclerk.com/project/216...d-tomcat-1-web

Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
You make some valid points. I'm proud of the progress of Columbia County and Aiken County.
Columbia County /Evans don't have a downtown but Grovetown do have a downtown. Columbia County making progress but not on a rate that it is shocking. I see if a lot of people from different states is moving there but only local CSRA people moving there. So I don't call that fast progress, when they get land mayor business in CC beside food chains and box stores let me know. Don't bite the hand that feed your County

Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 PM

124 posts, read 241,930 times
Quote:
I guess when you hear information from people who know things it might be actuallly true.

https://www.bidclerk.com/project/216...d-tomcat-1-web
Nort, I wish you could somehow do something different when you post links to sites like this or LoopNet, cause they won't let us view without creating an account (which many of us don't want to do). Maybe you could take screenshots and upload to your photobucket for us to view? I'm interested in viewing these sorts of things (and am sure others are too), but we can't see them without accounts on those sites.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area