Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 11:12 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times

Advertisements

Old depot getting roof to attract developers

Just some old news, only if this had happen when it did downtown would be totally different.

A reminder: The Watermark was a $100 million plan to build a 150-room hotel, a 62,000-square-foot office building, 100 condos and a four-story parking garage, and turn the renovated Reynolds Street train depot into retail space. The Watermark was even written into the downtown Augusta-North Augusta Master Plan.

Old depot getting roof to attract developers | Mobile Augusta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 11:19 PM

614 posts, read 1,100,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Remember when the Judicial Building was going to be 20 stories when first proposed? Imagine that next to the Augusta canal. That would have left no question or discussion about the skyline ranking. What happened to Telfair Station?
I believe it is dead like The Forum. Kinda makes you wonder. There were so many projects slated for Augusta. Magnolia Alley, Watermark, Forum, VAR, WTP, and others. And I be doggone if none of them happened or are nothing everyone thought they'd be by now. I know Augusta got it rough on these boards. Seem like tenants/developers pulled out right after another......According to the ASU study, The Watermark was going to have a 2billion dollar impact. The Judicial building could have been 25 stories and I don't think it would have came close to that.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:20 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
Telfair Station and Magnolia Alley were nothing but designs, and not official projecst... I think the Judicial center was 18-20 stories at first... I don't see how Augusta is any different compared to the other cities after the recession... The Forum, Watermark, etc were announced before the recession...

Last edited by nortonguy; 08-08-2012 at 11:31 PM..

Old 08-08-2012, 11:49 PM

I just would have liked for all those projects to come to fruition. That is all, recession or not. Port Royal was built during a recession. Costco still set up shop here. I feel that Augusta doesn't get the respect that it deserves from developers or the Augusta market isn't as strong as I think.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:54 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
I wanted to see them all happen too, but I'm just saying the recession hurt alot of cities... Costco was announced in late 2010, and that's probably why it got built..

Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
I believe it is dead like The Forum. Kinda makes you wonder. There were so many projects slated for Augusta. Magnolia Alley, Watermark, Forum, VAR, WTP, and others. And I be doggone if none of them happened or are nothing everyone thought they'd be by now. I know Augusta got it rough on these boards. Seem like tenants/developers pulled out right after another......According to the ASU study, The Watermark was going to have a 2billion dollar impact. The Judicial building could have been 25 stories and I don't think it would have came close to that.
What is the Forum, Magnolia Alley and Telfair Station?

Old 08-09-2012, 01:19 AM

This the layout of The Watermark only thing I can say is WoW

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...Z5p3f1VNG_wAPA

Old 08-09-2012, 03:58 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,415 times
So, is the watermark never going to happen, or is it on hold? Also, I think we may get a new municipal building downtown. Any comments on that?

Old 08-09-2012, 05:06 PM

998 posts, read 1,549,105 times
Watermark is history... kiss it goodbye. I thought they were renovating the Marble Palace downtown? I know it went up in price to bring it up to code recently, compared to when it was first studied years ago... but I think they're still going to renovate, so probably not on the municipal building I would imagine.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
What is the Forum, Magnolia Alley and Telfair Station?
The Forum, I think, was going to be a residential/retail project on Walton Way Ext. Magnolia Alley, I think, was going to be some type of revitalization project and I can't remember what Telfair Station was about. Betcha Nortonguy knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area